Fly,on your way, like a FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, January 04, 2019, 06:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on January 04, 2019, 10:28:38 AM
You're welcome, Anguille.

Rayfer I am curious as to why you were so disappointed in Civ VI...I still have not bought it yet.

Gus...hard to say specifically what it was.  It felt lifeless and non-immersive, at least as compared to CIV4 and 5. Limiting the builder units to only 3-6 actions (off the top of my head I don't remember but it isn't many) and then they disappear and you have to build a new one slowed down the pace of growth in an annoying way.  Early in the game other CIV's would just declare war out of the blue and for no apparent reason. Diplomacy wasn't working.  I am hoping the Rise and Fall DLC fixed some of this.

Gusington

Thanks Rayfer. Peeps here have said that Rise and Fall is a must have.

W8: you got way further than I did...it's about a week since I watched all of the tutorials and I couldn't even remember how to move the units :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on January 04, 2019, 02:00:43 PM
Thanks Rayfer. Peeps here have said that Rise and Fall is a must have.

Yes it is. And the new expansion coming in Feb, Gathering Storm, will add a bunch to diplomacy... hopefully for the better....

Gusington

^Peep 1 right there.

Gathering Storm is what has got my attention here...the WWI campaign specifically.

But I will wait to see what the consensus is first.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: W8taminute on January 04, 2019, 10:31:13 AM

Might also want to re-install IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad thanks to the video I saw the other day from Tuna.

In the words of Squadron Commander the Lord Flash Heart, "Dooooooo it!".  That BoX thing is lovely stuff.

Me, I'll probably play a bunch of games that'll shred my self-esteem and then shoot some pool.

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on January 04, 2019, 06:45:19 AM
Great song choice MD!

Good man  O0  Up the Irons!!!  Saw them in '86 on the Somewhere In Time tour.  Killer show.  May get to see them again this year fingers crossed
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GroggyGrognard

I plan on continuing my game of ATOM RPG.

Otherwise, sleep.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Pete Dero

X4 Foundations.

The game has potential but for now mods are needed to make it fun to play.  The good news is these mods are already available : https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations.

Anguille

Civil War 2: Generals is still my favorite game of the Civil War. I think Ultimate Civil War is the closest thing right now.

JasonPratt

Aside from umping the Grogpublic as we swing past the holiday season, I've also managed to pick up a lingering stomach infection, woo hoo.  :pullhair: :hide: :buck2:

This has rather curtailed most of my game playing, but I've been enjoying multiplaying Lords of Waterdeep a lot, since I can run turns on my home PC, my work/portable Surface, and my iPhone. (Though the iPhone's screen is jussssst small enough to make tapping icons near the edges a little tricky. I've gotten the hang of it but it took me a while to learn that I have to barely briefly tap.)

If anyone wants to join in, well, the game is cheap on the app store, at least. Both DLCs are good, and are recommended. A Playdek account is needed for multiplayer, but everyone should have one already for playing TWILIGHT STRUGGLE!! (Note: don't get the Turn Zero DLC for that, however, since it's super buggy and will probably never be fixed now.  :'( The rest of the game is totally legit.)

Beyond that I'm cruising along on a couple of Age of Wonders 3 mp games now (with both DLC), as well as 'filming' a hotseat campaign of AoW:Shadow Magic for my nieces (on hiatus with my blurgh).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I pray one day Game Labs makes a WWI ground combat game.

My prayers have been partially answered with their upcoming Ultimate Admiral naval game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Quote from: Anguille on January 05, 2019, 05:43:37 AM

Civil War 2: Generals is still my favorite game of the Civil War. I think Ultimate Civil War is the closest thing right now.
O0

Kushan

Came down with man flu so haven't done as much gaming I'd like. However have been able to spend a little time with my current Stellaris game. Playing as space Romans. Got into my first war (I was the aggressor) against a rogue defense system empire. Absolutely crushed them. I could have taken their entire empire but I forced a peace when I had about half of their territory. I had some economic issues related to me not paying attention while I was conducting the war. Came out of the war as one of the strongest military powers in the galaxy and economic once I got my economy turned around.

After getting piracy under control and getting my economy back on track I declared a second war. I ended up reloading a previous save when I realized I was taking a number of small (size 10-12) colonies from them that where going to be more of a drag on me then beneficial. I ended up splitting off all of my corvettes to be anti piracy patrols and have reworked my ship designs and fleets to consist only of destroyers and cruisers.

Am hitting the mid game slug now. Didn't notice any performance loss until around 2280, I'm around 2320 now and the slight lag is definitely noticeable now. Not unplayable yet but not sure I'm going to make it to 2400-2500. I am playing on a 1,500 system map from the EG larger Galaxy size mod with 25 AI empires. So that's probably not helping but I've heard of consistent performance loss around 2300 no matter what the galaxy size is.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Feel better. Flu sent my VP here at work to the hospital yesterday.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Agreed. The Flu, or as we in the Medical Field called it, the Big 'F', is a stone-cold bitch in heat and she will put your ass down on the mat fast and take your Cracker Jacks while your there. No matter whether Asian, African, or Egyptian, they're all nothing to play with.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.