Feedback on Civ 5 AAR - Scramble for Africa

Started by bayonetbrant, January 18, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Good stuff Brant.  Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

Cool.  I've heard Civ V nuts talk about the SfA campaign often enough, so it's fun to see this in action! 

Two questions, btw: 

1.)  It seems like you started out in a rather cramped position.  Is that typical for Civ V? 

2.)  Are the Boers considered one of the European factions then? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Looks good, Brant! One point of wordsmithing needed:

QuoteI want to get some caravans out there to boosst my inbound gold.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

steve58

Great stuff, looking forward to more.  Makes me realize how much I've neglected CivV the last several months.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Good work, Brant. This makes me realize how much stuff I'm missing out on with Civ V's scenarios. I did play and finish the Civil War one, but none of the others yet.

bayonetbrant

Conquest of the New World is a lot of fun, too - especially if you're a European power.
But I'd played that one a bunch and wanted to do something a little different, so I thought I'd try the Scramble scenario, which I'd never played before.

Martok

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Windigo

Another AAR for CiV5 by BaYo????    AWESOME!

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

Martok

Ladies & gentleman, please resume your seats.  The second period of the Boer-Zulu match is about to begin!  8) 

bayonetbrant

es gibt heute ein neues Civ5 Africa AAR :)