Main Menu

Free Gal Civ 2

Started by Shelldrake, May 17, 2018, 02:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Destraex

Again wants to be linked to steam account. They can give a free game but they cannot take my freeedddom... ok that was a little dramatic.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on May 17, 2018, 05:51:11 PM
Again wants to be linked to steam account. They can give a free game but they cannot take my freeedddom... ok that was a little dramatic.

I've picked up about half a dozen free games on Steam over the past couple years.  Older, but often fairly popular ones for their time.

Joinnn usssss!  Sell yer soul to Steamworks!   :))

Destraex

Yeah I should. But none of the games really excite me. They will go into my library and be played maybe once.
What do they do with your steam information once they have access to it? Does this mean when you buy something you do not get a key but instead an immediate game in your library? Thereby preventing you selling excess keys?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

BanzaiCat

I don't have a linked Steam account and it let me get a free Steam key.

Which was overkill as I already had the game in my Steam library...LOL.  :buck2:

mirth

Quote from: Destraex on May 18, 2018, 05:25:01 AM
Yeah I should. But none of the games really excite me. They will go into my library and be played maybe once.
What do they do with your steam information once they have access to it? Does this mean when you buy something you do not get a key but instead an immediate game in your library? Thereby preventing you selling excess keys?

Humble does not need access to you Steam account. They give you a key that you can manually add in Steam. You can sync Humble with Steam, but it is not required for any games you get from Humble, whether they are paid or free. I have purchased probably a dozen or more games from Humble and they have always generated keys that you can use or gift.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus