At The Gates Makes It!

Started by Bismarck, March 08, 2013, 10:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

With no mention of blue hair, a slow pace, etc...I will probably love it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

HoodedHorseJoe

My review is available on Strategy Gamer if anyone's inclined to go read it.

It's got some great ideas and from my own experience what's there is incredibly polished - like I'd be surprised if you found any technical issues or bugs that can commonly plague indie/small dev team games. The biggest problem is simply there's not much there to begin with.

I love the early game, kick-starting your barter economy and trying to make an efficient web of jobs with your clans + migration and dealing with hostile roaming bandits... but the mid/end game lacks engagement. Diplomacy, AI etc... are virtually non-existent.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

^I would hope the game will be relatively bug free after a 7 year development cycle.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

No diplomacy? You really can tell he designed Civ5.  ::)
That alone will keep me from buying it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Historicalgamer's day1 look. Not sure if this has been posted yet...?

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 24, 2019, 08:29:22 AM
Historicalgamer's day1 look. Not sure if this has been posted yet...?

Very interesting video...I am liking a lot of what was covered in the first 15 minutes.  Haven't watched the rest yet.  It's a very different take on the Civ/4X formula.