Greatest Films According To Grogs: 1980 Sweet 16

Started by BanzaiCat, February 16, 2018, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: trailrunner on February 17, 2018, 05:41:01 PM
I was half-joking when I asked if you are going back to 1900.  Based on the demographics of our group, I'd suggest starting around 1965 or 1970.  There might be some worthy contenders before then, so maybe have a catch-all category for all the movies before your starting date.  This is just a suggestion -- it's your contest, so do it however you want.

I figured you and MD were joking. But both you meatheads got me thinking and I went and looked into it, just for the hell of it.

If I do it, it'll be well down the road. I think I need to stick with films in most of our lifetimes, though. ;D

BanzaiCat

Also: thing is, there were a LOT of great films made during the WWII era, and the Korean War. If we don't go back to 1900, then probably back to at least the 30s or so.

BanzaiCat

Alright, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I planned out the next few weeks and set reminders to pop up.

As voting ends for this 1980 first round bracket on Tuesday the 20th, I'll start a 1990 bracket tomorrow, and set up the 1980 Elite 8 of Film on Tuesday - same day as the Elite 8 for 1990. So, both years will run concurrently during the week.

This will be the only time I will do that, though. I'm going to stick with one per week like MD is doing so I don't get overwhelmed.

1960, 1970, and 2000 are all in the pipeline, planned out and ready to go.  O0

MetalDog

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 17, 2018, 05:46:01 PM
I figured you and MD were joking. But both you meatheads...

You would be correct, sir  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Voting will close tomorrow and future movie polls will NOT be set to last this long.  O0