The Uber Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Thread!

Started by Lord Zimoa, November 06, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

When I think of Armageddon. I think of huge hive cities and jungles. I've seen neither in any of the screenshots. I hope the terrain in game will feature more than the bland wastelands we've seen so far.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Lord Zimoa

Jungles, Outer Hives, Inner Hives.... all in there I promise.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on November 22, 2014, 07:31:37 AM
Jungles, Outer Hives, Inner Hives.... all in there I promise.

Excellent! Does terrain have an effect on movement, sighting, defense, etc.? That would be great.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

reapagan

Do buildings and fortifications get reduced to rubble when bombarded?

JasonPratt

I would be highly surprised if terrain didn't have effects at least similar to what the PG system has always implemented.

On the other hand, I would be pleasantly surprised if structures became ruins -- I don't recall any Panzer Generalish games which changed terrain tile statuses mid-mission.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Lord Zimoa

Hi guys,

Here are some teaser videos about the different weapon systems we have in the game Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon.

Units can have a maximum of three different weapons systems in this game, each with their own combat statistics and characteristics.

We have given each weapon it`s own unique visual, sound and impact effect. And this has all been done with approval and guidance by Games Workshop.

So the weapon systems should sound, fire and explode as intended within the fantastic lore of Warhammer 40,000 created by Games Workshop.

Chosing to use the right weapon system against your foe is a big part of gameplay, especially as we have ranged weapons, mastering the game will require to study this more closely.

Not everybody may have a big knowledge of all the main weapon sytems used within the Warhmmer 40,000 fantasy lore, so also for them these videos might be useful.

Underneath two weapon system video`s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI4WOzy_r5E&list=UU-ersowRelLzi6fSRfXodyQ

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewyjKtcunJw&list=UU-ersowRelLzi6fSRfXodyQ

Next we are working on some cool ingame gameplay video`s and some more stuff is coming prior to release upcoming November the 26th 2014!

Have fun watching,

Tim aka LZ

P.S. Yes, of course the game has terrain combat modifiers!

Lord Zimoa

The Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon PC game manual can already consulted on Steam here:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/312370/manuals/Armageddon_manual_EBOOK.pdf?t=1416839211

Or hit the link direct from the Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Steam store page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312370

Have fun reading,

Tim aka LZ

MikeGER

Nice ....and thanks for the effort (well, written as an act of courtesy ;))

but why get the most unimportant stuff
(look mom, I got the  fictive sound of a fictive weapon in a fictive universe right, didn't I? can i have a candy now  ) communicated before the single most important stuff all possible customers aged above maybe 12 year olds all want to know.  ::)

how it actually plays

No, you (marketing department) don't build up tension, its just unnerving

- edit -
OK i see the manual :)

Now that is some real information to work with ! O0

Jarhead0331

I noticed there are no aircraft in the unit category listings in the manual. Are aircraft not represented in the game? How about orbital weapons and drop pods, is any of that modeled in the game?

Thanks!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Lord Zimoa

JasonPratt

Hoping these aren't sketchy music videos this time... ::)

and

I appreciate the cooperative work with GW on how weapons should sound etc. -- 40K fans can get picky about the fluff. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Lord Zimoa

Here some more comments on that this is just PzC with a Warhammer 40,000 re-skin. Of course it share some similarities and is also a hex-base turn based game, but there are some big differences:

Armageddon has some high level similarities with Panzer Corps (in particular branching campaign and unit carry-over) and UI organization is similar too. However, battlefield tactics is indeed different. Here are just some things which drive combat in Armageddon, but which were not present (or played a very minor role) in Panzer Corps:

- most units have ranged attacks
- cover
- line of sight
- accuracy
- rate of fire
- several weapons per unit
- morale
- assaults
- units with multiple hit points, stacks of widely different size

Oh, and graphics engine has been rewritten from scratch too. New DirectX-based implementation gives some nice advantages, like smooth zooming in a very wide range. Also, the units have 6 orientations now, as opposed to 2 in Panzer Corps, and fire multiple weapons when attacking, so combat looks much better than in PzC.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

fabius

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 24, 2014, 12:04:00 PM
Hoping these aren't sketchy music videos this time... ::)

and

I appreciate the cooperative work with GW on how weapons should sound etc. -- 40K fans can get picky about the fluff. :)

Rarely use "LOL" but blow me. If dev is slow to reveal gameplay I usually start suspecting there's a reason for it.

The vids so far, hmmm....  :2funny:

Gusington

Blow you? I hope that came from your phone's autocorrect.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd