Total War: Warhammer, or Warhammer II?

Started by Ubercat, June 09, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

All the other campaigns are smaller in scope. The Mortal Empires campaign is the biggest TW campaign ever, IIRC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

I'm going to devote plenty of time to it this weekend. I love the idea of the game and since it is fantasy, I get to suspend disbelief and take a step away from my traditionally historical gaming. I want to like more typical rpg's but it seems following the stories and getting interested in all the chatter keeps me from sticking to it. I played a bit of skyrim very little witcher 3 and even less divinity 2. Maybe TWWH will grab me as it seems like it well be less lore and more gore.

Feel free to use that term.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Just about anywhere. The in-laws house for the holidays?

Sir Slash

I for one don't mind a little gore with my lore but I absolutely will not tolerate lore with my gore. As for mods, I used Radious for Warhammer 1 and while it made the economy and Public Oder easier to manage, so I could build more armies, it did the same for the other factions too resulting in more and bigger armies everywhere. I prefer vanilla.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

I also prefer vanilla.

Although I can see why some people use a mod to lower the amount of AI heroes spamming assassinations at you all the time.  Which is nothing new in the Total War series, of course.

Tuna

Quote from: Moreb on October 10, 2018, 07:38:39 PM
Ok, so I loaded up the Mortal Empire campaign and I realize I have no idea of what the hell I'm doing. Sure is a lot of buttons and screens. Maybe the other campaign would be better to start from?

Don't realize because you haven't played much Total War? Or because you haven't played Warhammer, I thought most buttons are standard fare, maybe some 'new' stuff with each new version, but really not too much change to the 'main' UI in recent versions.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Moreb on October 10, 2018, 07:38:39 PM
Ok, so I loaded up the Mortal Empire campaign and I realize I have no idea of what the hell I'm doing. Sure is a lot of buttons and screens. Maybe the other campaign would be better to start from?

I'm pretty sure there's a tutorial campaign for either 1 or 2, but not for the combination -- the mod designers assume you're experienced at Total War games since Rome 2, and more specifically with WH:TW.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Moreb

I looked and I have a grand total of 113 minutes with TW:Shogun 2. I forgot about having that and I can't remember why I never played it. Probably busy with something else.

So yeah. I'm a noob. I'll check out the campaign that shipped with the game, Vortex, and see how well it teaches as it goes.

Nefaro

I recall Warhammer I having pop-up tips on it's campaign.  Dunno about WH II since I never played the Vortex campaign on it. 

The past few TWs have "advisor" settings which are basically tutorial tips.  I don't think they ever fully explain all the detailed concepts.  I always found that hovering my mouse over stats & buttons to give me the best understanding by reading those tooltip pop-ups.  They're everywhere, which is great.

Gusington

Dude...dude. Bruh....

...you owe it to yourself to play a full campaign of Shogun 2.

Best game in the TW series, IMHO.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And don't forget "Fall of the Samurai", the only TW that includes Gatling Guns.  :bd:  And Naval Bombardment.  :bd: :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 11, 2018, 10:04:14 PM
And don't forget "Fall of the Samurai", the only TW that includes Gatling Guns.  :bd:  And Naval Bombardment.  :bd: :bd:

And red neck generals

Moreb

Quote from: jomni on October 11, 2018, 11:16:45 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 11, 2018, 10:04:14 PM

And red neck generals

Keep talking....

Gusington

The naval bombardment component is one of about 100 reasons why Fall of the Samurai is not only my favorite TW game, but maybe my favorite PC game of all time. Damn I need to play it again soon.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd