Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Don't give him ideas
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

mirth

QuoteAircraft carrier HMS Furious at anchor alongside unknown battleships and an airship, sometime in her 1920's layout, unknown location.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteView of the superstructure of the battleship HMS Queen Elizabeth during her 1937-1941 rebuild.

mirth

QuoteProtected Cruiser HMS Challenger braving rough seas, unknown date and location

mirth

QuoteIJN Yamato rolls over and explodes after being attacked by torpedo and dive bombers. She was hit by at least 11 torpedoes and six bombs before going under.

mirth

QuoteUSS Connecticut (BB-18)

Steelgrave

Gotta love the hood ornaments on those babies!

bob48

I bet you wouldn't say that if they dangled you over the bows (that's the sharp end) to clean it! ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Steelgrave

I know which is the pointy end, Bawb. Don't you have a deck to swab?  :arr: :arr: :arr:  O0

bob48

ooh-arr matey. I do feel a bit nautical!

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

Ha! Best warn Mrs. Bawb!

bob48

I will. She's in the galley.

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on February 18, 2018, 09:21:48 AM
Don't give him ideas

I just don't know what to use as mirthie in said books.

mirth

QuoteRevenge-class battleship HMS Royal Oak (08) in drydock showing her prominent anti-torpedo bulges or blisters added in the early 1920's. They were designed to reduce the effect of torpedo detonations and improve stability at the cost of widening her beam by over 13 feet.