Australian Steam customers lose ability to purchase some titles after site chang

Started by Destraex, November 21, 2018, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Since STEAM went to AU dollars a day or so ago. There are a some titles on my wish list that do not seem to have pricing. Steam did mention their would be a delay for some titles. This delay would happen when AU pricing was not yet available. Personally I do not understand how it is so hard to show Australian pricing. Surely it is the same as the American pricing converted perhaps plus a 10% flat Australian GST tax. It should be pretty simple but judging from below it seems that non-american game devs may be being treated a little differently?

Anybody else on steam not get pricing for the below yet?

MIUS Front (Russian)
Steel Armor (Russian)
Call To Arms (Russian?)
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 (Poland? Or at least operating in poland)
Naval Action (Russian)
DCS modules on steam - Which I would not get on steam anyways but was curious. (Russian)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

smithcorp

Yep, seeing AUD prices for:

Mius front and DLC
Steel Armor and DLC
Call to Arms says free to play
The car mechanic thing ("big job mate")

not seeing a price on:
Naval Action
DCS world modules.

Might be a lag in setting prices?

Huw the Poo

I don't know if it's the same for AUD, but when Steam first enabled regional pricing the devs themselves had to enable certain regions before people in affected countries could buy their games.  Perhaps that's the case here too.

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 22, 2018, 01:45:36 AM
I don't know if it's the same for AUD, but when Steam first enabled regional pricing the devs themselves had to enable certain regions before people in affected countries could buy their games.  Perhaps that's the case here too.

Yep, that's very likely the case.

I had the same problem when Steam started using Shekels, and actually still have it with some games.

Destraex

Yeah I let them all know on steam when I posted this. Most fixed the problem pronto.
Amazon on the other hand I can no longer stand since they narrowed the free trade opportunities here just because they had to add 10% local tax.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"