Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

You all can start thinking about what you'd like to carry. It will speed things up when UCG gets back online.

Also start thinking up some kinds of action plans.... might not survive the drop but still nice to have an idea of what should happen when the bullets start flying....

BanzaiCat

We need a bazooka, a BAR, and at least two Thompsons. How UCG chooses to assign such weapons, that's up to him. Obviously give the heavy stuff to the better shooters, but IIRC you can raise stats through shooting things successfully and that's harder to do with an M-1 as opposed to a Thompson.

Best shooter that's not a Squad Leader or Asst. Squad Leader should get the bazooka. Next best should get the BAR. Everyone else, M-1s, except the two sergeants, whom should get SMGs. If there's points left, assign an SMG to the better shooters in the squad outside of the bazooka guy and the BAR guy. Also give an M-1 to the bazooka guy.

My $.02. Sorry, I'm quite excited. I haven't played this in years.

Barthheart

That's cool, I'm excited to get this going too!  :D

Just remember that you can't carry a BAR down with you on a chute. It would have to go in the weapons canister. Then the soldier would need to get to the canister to get his weapon.... so he better have a back up he can use until he gets tot eh canister.

Also remember that it's night and you can only see/shoot out to 5 hexes distant.

BanzaiCat

Ah, shoot, that's right.

I never had good luck with those weapons cannisters.

Also I'm starting to get flashbacks from that map and can't tell if they're from this mission or another one, LOL.

Barthheart

Same goes for the bazooka... you can carry it with you on the jump but not the ammo for it!

This mission haunts most Ambush! players......  8)

bob48

Is a pistol not part of the 'standard' kit (Colt 45?) especially for the guys with BAR and Bazooka?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Barth would have to confirm, but the pistol (.45 cal) takes up an AMMO slot, not a WEAPON slot. Plus I think you get unlimited ammo with it, though it's a POS compared to the other weapons. But better than nothing.

bob48

Yeah. Just thinking that in a case where the canister is amiss then those guys will be unarmed, so even a pistol is better'n nothing until they can get something heavier.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 04, 2014, 03:25:13 PM
Barth would have to confirm, but the pistol (.45 cal) takes up an AMMO slot, not a WEAPON slot. Plus I think you get unlimited ammo with it, though it's a POS compared to the other weapons. But better than nothing.

BC has it right. There is no "standard kit" in this game. You carry what you buy.

EDIT*** just rechecked and pistols do not have unlimited ammo.

Each gun you buy comes with ammo. You only need a replacement clip if your gun runs out... percentile roll when shooting, this includes pistols.

BanzaiCat

Barth, can we use weapons the Germans drop? I can't recall but seem to think there were MP40 counters in the game.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 04, 2014, 03:33:58 PM
Barth, can we use weapons the Germans drop? I can't recall but seem to think there were MP40 counters in the game.

Yes you can pick up dropped enemy or friendly weapons. They come with ammo already loaded.

GJK

Are you going to be doing this on a VASSAL module or just take pictures of the actual game or ?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

undercovergeek

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 04, 2014, 02:33:41 PM
We need a bazooka, a BAR, and at least two Thompsons. How UCG chooses to assign such weapons, that's up to him. Obviously give the heavy stuff to the better shooters, but IIRC you can raise stats through shooting things successfully and that's harder to do with an M-1 as opposed to a Thompson.

Best shooter that's not a Squad Leader or Asst. Squad Leader should get the bazooka. Next best should get the BAR. Everyone else, M-1s, except the two sergeants, whom should get SMGs. If there's points left, assign an SMG to the better shooters in the squad outside of the bazooka guy and the BAR guy. Also give an M-1 to the bazooka guy.

My $.02. Sorry, I'm quite excited. I haven't played this in years.

seems like a cop out, but whilst sitting at the back of a meeting this is pretty much what i scribbled on a pad

im thinking we'll have to go for the weapons drop, can the BAR guy have a thompson and if he can get to the BAR drop the thompson and pick the BAR up?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gimme an M-1 and JD as a meat shield please.

undercovergeek

whats your shooting score?