Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 21, 2014, 06:41:24 PM
If that German in the building in N9 stays there will he be able to spot me after my 1st move to K10?

No.

Barthheart

SDR limps his way towards the relative safety of the trees near JD.

Staggerwing stand, and starts moving south. Just then he spots a helmet in the window of what looks like a guard shack near the bridges they are after.

Stagger, you have 2 MP's left, what would you like to do before the Germans get there go?

Double Deuce

Quote from: Barthheart on November 22, 2014, 08:12:48 AM
Staggerwing stand, and starts moving south. Just then he spots a helmet in the window of what looks like a guard shack near the bridges they are after.

Stagger, you have 2 MP's left, what would you like to do before the Germans get there go?

I hope he has the Bazooka and rounds with him . . . otherwise I may have to head that way on my next turn.

undercovergeek

that shed looks ripe for a bazooka shot!

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2014, 08:52:07 AM

Sounds almost like an order.  ;D

What are my chances of hitting it and afterwards will I be able to fend off Mr Feldgrau in the building next to me?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

SDR - don't come over here - I'm a bloody bullet magnate!
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 22, 2014, 09:12:38 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2014, 08:52:07 AM

Sounds almost like an order.  ;D

What are my chances of hitting it and afterwards will I be able to fend off Mr Feldgrau in the building next to me?

First you can't snap shoot a bazooka. Second it takes one entire action to load it and another to fire it. You can move with it loaded.
You have both weapons and can choose which to shoot at any time... as long as the bazooka is loaded....

Your options right now are:
snap shot with yer rifle at the German in the shed and remain standing the current hex OR
move to L10 and be standing in the building OR
move more clear hexes, up to 2 and remain standing OR
move one more hex and crouch or go prone OR
crouch or go prone where you are.

Staggerwing

So if I understand, it's too late to load the bazooka. In that case I will crouch in place and get ready to load at the earliest chance

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

undercovergeek

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2014, 09:22:39 AM

Magnate...  Magnet...   Either way, I'm getting some bullets.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 22, 2014, 01:52:15 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2014, 09:22:39 AM

Magnate...  Magnet...   Either way, I'm getting some bullets.
lol - oops. Using the phone doesn't work with my huge fingers!
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Staggerwing crouches down next to the building trying to get small.
The sentry to the west clambers up the embankment, crosses the road and slips down the far side.
The German spots UCG, stands and fires his machine pistol but luckily misses. He then dashes deeper into the building. (Out of sight of UCG and SW.)
The SS General draws another bead on Bob's prone form and hits him again.... Bob is slowly starting bleed out...
The German the guard shack stands and fires at Staggerwing narrowly missing.
The SS Aide (still inside the kubelwagen) fires quickly at Bob then turns and fires quickly at mirth. He misses mirth but the bullets rip into Bob putting him out of his misery. (Bobs dead.....  :'(

New round begins. US rolls a 2, Germans roll an 8, so they have advantage. All US players are aware, but because their init column numbers are red boxed and they can't add u to more than 5 init, both UCG and DD panic and fall prone.

The Sentry in the guard hut throws a switch...

There's an earth shattering KABOOM!

And the stone bridge is no more.....

B_C and mirth can now act.....

undercovergeek

RIP Bob, you fought brave and well!  :'(

Staggerwing

We must avenge Bob!

Shame about the bridge as well. Can we still win if we get the wooden one?

Barthheart

You need 10VP to win.
Each bridge is worth 4 or 10 if you get both.
Germans are worth VPs dead or captured, incap is as good as dead if there or on other active Germans on the map.
You lose VPs for dead GIs.