Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 06, 2014, 01:00:14 PMFirst you're going to want to go from Prone to Crouch.

Other than that, the only thing to do is for Stagger to raid the dropped cannister, but I don't think he can carry all the Bazooka ammo unless he drops some clips. That might be the most expedient way to get the Bazooka into DD's hands. Also, Stagger's going to want to move as it's rather exposed up on that ridge, so two birds one stone if he has the pockets for it?

Guess its to a crouch when motioned to act then.

For the Bazooka, maybe Stagger can grab it now and I will work my way toward him and we can switch weapons then if needed. Also, if he just drags it off the high ground, his weapon should just be a hex away and he can go back for it.

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 06, 2014, 01:10:32 PM
im thinking it makes more sense for SDR to be our bazooka man - hes lying on it

bob and mirth head west through trees, mad dash and then south through trees

the 4 guys in the middle to creep to the end of the forest on j15

and ill run like a bastard to catch up

SDR is not on the bazooka. Staggerwing is. SDR is hobbled in the middle of the hamlet.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, I'm gimped.

I'm staying prone where I am and whining like a little girl.  That's pretty much my plan for the rest of this game.

Barthheart

So..... who's doing what to whom? Who's gonna take that first step?  :coolsmiley:

(Detailed as possible please.)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Staying prone, facing towards O11 (if facing matters).

bob48

Facing south (towards the gap in between the two buildings).

If there is any advantage in staying prone and seeing if anything triggers, and maybe cover my comrade to my left, I will do so. If not, crouch and move south between the buildings and towards where the canister is.

That OK, Bart?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

I'm crouching and heading towards staggerwing

BanzaiCat

Facing doesn't matter.

What does matter is the order we act in. I know in Operations it does not matter but it will matter insofar as Activations take place.

Bob and Mirth: you guys are hanging out on your own there and since we have a town of unknown between you and the rest of us, you might get together and sweep one of the buildings. I suggest that mirth moves west towards the Kubelwagen. Since that car is there, that tells me there's some officers nearby, and I bet they're in that three-hex building. Gotta watch your ass but it would take too long for someone else to move over there.

Stagger could, but I think he's good where he is, actually. He's in a great covering position and since the bridges are our main objective, perhaps he should remain there where the bazooka is. If worse comes to worse, he can grab it and use it (here's hoping he doesn't have to!).

UCG: I suggest you instead move towards me, DD, and SDR. We are in the open but we can cover you if fire comes from any of those buildings directly to our north. Say, U10 > T9 and see if anything happens and if not, then dash across the road towards SDR.

JD: I suggest you stay in place until we can approach the bridge in force.

If there's explosives on the bridges, that means there's bad guys watching over it somewhere nearby, I bet. DD and myself, once UCG gets to us, should then move west towards the bridges.

I think we need to get SDR under cover before we go stirring up hornets. I'd wait for UCG to get near us so he can cover, and then I'd crouch and move to SDR to drag him into the treeline near JD.

I'm just talking here, so if anyone doesn't like any of that, speak up! Let's get these Kraut bridges for our boys! Yeeeeeehaw!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

I'll stay put for now if you guys think the spot is defensible. Do I need to prep the bazooka in any way in case I need to use it? How long does it take to load a round and assume a firing posture?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Ok - it seems I've missed this. For some reason, I didn't get updates on the thread and so I've missed 4 pages. I haven't even got the time to go over the 4 pages and see what's occurring!

Unfortunately, I'm on holiday in Scotland for the next 3 days so won't be able to take part

Sorry guys - I wasn't getting updates on the thread so I didn't know it was all kicking off and now holiday - I thought as it was kind of quiet I wouldn't be missed for 3 days.

Either continue without me until Monday or for all eternity.

Enjoy.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

^ You ain't getting out that easy, mate.

We'll handle you until you get back and promise he won't be a "meat shield."  >:D

Barthheart

Stagger: you need to first open the canister, then pick up the bazooka, then load it. If you do those things in Operations you can do them all right away.

JD: it's ok cause I'll be away for the weekend too so not much can happen until Sunday night.

Everyone: facing does not matter. You can fire in any direction. But you may not be "aware" right away.

So if you all want to do things in your hex that's great, just let me know. What is really important is for me to know who moves first and to which hex. Now you can move one soldier a bunch of hexes and SE what happens in each... or move a few soldiers one hex at a time to see happens... or some combination.
This all sounds kinda vague but as soon as the Germans active it will become much more structured with certain people having to act at certain times.

Staggerwing

Then I opt to hunker down, open the canister and pick up the bazooka and gather up the rounds, waiting to see what's next. Anything else in there besides the Stovepipe and rockets?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 06, 2014, 08:10:32 PM
Then I opt to hunker down, open the canister and pick up the bazooka and gather up the rounds, waiting to see what's next. Anything else in there besides the Stovepipe and rockets?

Gotcha. Good. And nope that's all you all bought.