Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

This game is gonna be crazy when they finish the inevitable game of thrones mod'
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

So, does anyone know if the tip for banging bathmaids was the usual 15% like for meals in Medieval times or was more required? And did you have to bring your own soap?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I always tip 20% if warranted and always bring my own soap.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Tell me about it. I can't get away with anything when the grandkids are around.  #:-)

Gusington

If you can't be a haughty scamp when the grandkids are around then why have them around?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

They are old enough to come unsummoned now. And they see everything. And TELL everything. They are after all related to my wife.

mikeck

I have been playing nothing else besides KC:D the last week and 1/2. About 3 hours a night. That's more game time than I've put in to all my other games
Combined for the year probably. It's an amazing game and the combat system is incredible
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

How many hours total? How far in to the story do you estimate you are? And, finally, did you enjoy Skyrim?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: mikeck on March 26, 2018, 11:50:50 PM
I have been playing nothing else besides KC:D the last week and 1/2. About 3 hours a night. That's more game time than I've put in to all my other games
Combined for the year probably. It's an amazing game and the combat system is incredible

I love the game, but it seems you eventually kind of run out of challenges except for pushing ahead on the main plot.

I want expansions. I want the world to be much larger. More tough enemies, more good loot. I want to be able to buy a house and hire servants. Also, I think maybe Henry's progress can be slowed down a bit - once you figure out to play, it's not so difficult to deck him out in full plate with a fancy weapon and potions. Slowing down his progress + a bigger world and I could play this game for a long time.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2018, 09:17:05 AM
How many hours total? How far in to the story do you estimate you are? And, finally, did you enjoy Skyrim?

It sure how many hours but I'm more than halfway through. Off to find Timmy. I did jump off the main quest some time ago to go find treasures, Hunt bandits and improve fighting skills. I did enjoy Skyrim although I lost interest after awile. I prefer the realistic world vs fantasy

In reference to Glen's comments below...I liked being able to buy a house in Skyrim but honestly, I hardly did anything in it. Wasn't a huge thing. If you think Henry is too overpowered in his plate armor, then try jus using a gambesom and hauberk. If you think he levels too quick in combat, train less with a Capt Bernard. It's your game and you can play it how you want.

It's very immersive and once you get decent at it, the fighting is a blast

Gusington

^Thanks. I'm just curious what the average time is that people put in before they think they get too overpowered.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2018, 05:43:25 PM
^Thanks. I'm just curious what the average time is that people put in before they think they get too overpowered.

I'd say I'm at the end of the middle and I am about As strong as I need to be. I just had a challenging fight with a camp of three bandit but I almost did it. But generally I can handle whatever I have to.  I think it's important to say though that how overpowered you become is contingent upon how much you train with Captain Bernard really. If you think you're becoming too strong too fast then stopped training so much. It's an RPG after all what your character how you think he would go in real life.

I do think though that from the weight – mid game on the enemy should really scale to become more difficult and more of a challenge. It's definitely still fun though and taking down four or five enemy is tough.

SirAndrewD

There are some really solid balance mods out there that even out the curve a little.  Immersive Balance seems the most, well, balanced.  Dark Times is popular but is more just an across the board nerf bat than actual attempt to balance things.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback