#TBT: Gaming Nostalgia!

Started by bayonetbrant, July 14, 2015, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

If this is a supplement to the Recon RPG I know -- which I played the heck out of on the VietNam side -- you'd be wrong about the representation of tedium.

It reveled in it.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Cyrano on November 24, 2016, 12:43:19 PM
If this is a supplement to the Recon RPG I know -- which I played the heck out of on the VietNam side -- you'd be wrong about the representation of tedium.

It reveled in it.

We've seen your crooked dice stickers. Clearly you're insane :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

there's more every Thursday!   (hey, is that today?)  O0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Oh MERCY did I enjoy Death Test.

That's it, teaching the boy TFT for his birthday.

Still better than D&D in some ways...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Solitaire ASL?  Say it isn't so! :)

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 13, 2017, 06:18:44 AM
Solitaire ASL?  Say it isn't so! :)

Seems kinda pointless without another person to argue rules with  :buck2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

ASL still isn't as exciting as reading a random county's tax laws.

mirth

http://grogheads.com/pix/14515

A3R, my first 'real' wargame. Don't think I ever played it, but I read the rules, fondled the chits and dreamed...

Maybe I'll break it out and round the counters.

Barthheart

Dick.

I play my copy of Third Reich enough the map folds are coming apart and the pieces a are worn. Great game for it's time.

mirth

Is it Third Reich or Advanced Third Reich? My understanding is that there is a big difference between the two.

Barthheart

Good point. I believe mine is Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, 4th ed.

mirth

I think that was the last edition of the old Third Reich. I'm not sure A3R was ever really a playable game. They moved on to World at War (which I'm still not sure is a playable game).

bayonetbrant

The AH version was playable, but always seemed a little predictable, unless you were able to get the minor powers into play to shift things around.

I've heard mixed things, tho more bad than good, about the Avalanche version - GJK can probably weigh in on that one.  I did like the graphics updates for the Avalanche version.

The new LNLP version will be interesting to see.

(opening a new 3R/A3R-specific thread in the Wargaming folder...  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20179 )

W8taminute

I loved Advanced 3R.  Great game but I only played it once and that was by myself.  Never did finish the game either.   Wish I could turn back time...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk