Main Menu

Counter art

Started by acctingman, August 04, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

So, I'm wanting to add additional units to my Conflict of Heroes gaming.

I have zero artistic talent and I can't afford an artist to do what it is I'm looking for. This, of course, is only for personal use. I've gotten a few images from Google, but I was just wondering is there are sites that have good samples of various infantry poses?

Thanks

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

acctingman

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 04, 2017, 01:17:55 PM
https://www.defenceimagery.mod.uk/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveId=5042&columns=4&rows=7&search=

Thank you for this brant. Looking for world war 2 infantry and guns and not real life picture, more artsy (if that makes sense  :uglystupid2:)

acctingman

Just realized since this is strictly for personal use, I can just cut/crop the bajillion images that are online of other ww2 board game counters  :crazy2:

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

acctingman

Looking on BoardgameGeek....are there any of the WW2 tactical board games that have nice shiny artwork for Italian/Japanese infantry & guns? Seems everything is either US/Brits/Russians or Germans!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Download any of the VASSAL modules for any of the tactical games out there and steal the art work directly. Modify it to your liking.

VASSAL modules are just zip files with .vmod instead of .zip extensions. Change the extension back to .zip and open it with any extractor. There will be a folder inside called "images".
All the art is stored in there. It will be .bmp, .jpg, .png files mostly.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

acctingman

Quote from: mirth on August 04, 2017, 02:34:24 PM
^the man is good.

You all are!  :hug:

Thanks gents!  :bd:

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on August 04, 2017, 02:34:24 PM
^the man is good.

Probably a trade secret but f-it, it's a great way to make PnP games.  ;)

mirth

You could do the same thing with most computer games you own. The image art isn't too hard to find if you root around in the files.

Barthheart

mirth

Now you've got me thinking....

Barthheart

Stop thinking, more drinking.  :bd: