Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Okay, AzTank says (from hangout chat) that Paullus will Propose Claudius of the Plutocrats and Manlius of the Militarists as Consuls.

That should provide some flexibility to work with going forward this Turn.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Erax

JasonPratt

Vote tally so far is Conservatives 12 + Populists 32 + Progressives 5 = 49.

This is actually a majority by one vote already! Remaining votes potentially against are Aristos 14 (not leading Influence so no activist extra votes, and Val is away from Rome) + 20 Militarists + 14 Plutocrats = 48.

A Tribune can't veto a Dictator's Proposal either, and even if someone wanted to stop a vote by assassination it would be too late to stop the majority. (Not that I think anyone would want to do either of those, but technically I have to account for such options.)
The new Claudian senator becomes a Consul, gaining +5 Inf, up from 4 to 9; Plutocrat total up to 30.

AzTank didn't realize that Manlius was already a Consul, so couldn't be nominated (nor Aelius), but Julius would be equal in Mil skill, in case that's important later, and he lacks Manny's influence anyway. So I'll be glad to retcon that Proposal over to him. Up 5 Influence from 26 to 31 (like Manlius); Militarist total up from 20 to 25.

(In his defense, I didn't catch whom he was Proposing either.  :-[ In my defense, neither did Erax.  >:D )

Next Mandatory Business: the Consuls must agree on who will be Roman and Field; and also on whether/who to appoint as Dictator.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tripoli

I'm on the road and using my iPhone so I'm a bit limited in reviewing the various options  I will vote for azranks proposal. As far as dictator I believe we were discussing scipio because he neutralizes d/s results
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Yep, don't even need more voting, there was already a majority and Julius is already a Consul (again), along with Cornelius.

You and the Frog will have to publicly agree among yourselves who will be Roman and Field; and then decide whether/who should be the Dictator (presumably Scipio).

Tripoli

Will be on the road with the iPhone all weekend. I'm good with scipo as dictator and Julius as field counsel and the Claudius as Rome counsel. Frog. -  you good with that?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

I've passed on Tripoli's post to the Frog via hangout chat. (Tripoli's there, too, but may not have access to it on his iPhone.)

I'll report back, if the Frog replies there instead of here, though of course it might be here.  O:-)

Ethel the Frog

I am good with that.  Sorry that I lost track of the thread.  I have read through, but don't really understand what the battle plan is. 

JasonPratt

Don't feel bad, the battle plan hasn't been fully finalized yet.  O:-)

Oh, right, I forgot: next Mandatory Business before the Dictator is PontMax!

I'll alert the Frog; as Roman Consul, he has to make the Proposal on this before Scipio takes over PM duties as Dictator.

Erax, I think earlier you were asking for Plautius to recover PontMaxery. ;) Flaminius would be of more benefit to you, since he's already a minor priest: PontMaxes can be minor priests already, but cannot give themselves a minor priesthood. This way Flam could immediately give a minor priesthood to Plautius (who couldn't give it to himself), and you're ahead 1 Talent per turn than you would have been if Plautius got it back.

Erax

I was thinking about Flaminius myself, that would be a better choice! It's strange that a Senator doesn't lose his priesthood upon being 'promoted' to PontMax, but that's what the rules say.

JasonPratt

Two different priesthoods I guess; it isn't like a Judeo-Christian religion where there is only one kind of priest of different grades. One senator is responsible for making sure fish are sacrificed to Vulcan under Vesuvius each month, another is responsible for making sure the gods of the drains of the city are kept happy; and either one of those or someone else could also be PontMax.

The rule is really more about keeping the PontMax from giving himself extra benefits.

JasonPratt

Okay, by chat (I just checked this morning), the Frog does Propose Flaminius of the Progressives as the new PontMax!

Votes can be in any order. Progressives and Plutocrats have both already voted.

JasonPratt

14 Plutocrats + 5 Progressives + 32 Populists = 51 votes. Not quite a majority, thanks to the possibility of the Conservatives voting activist against it, but close. Any other Player vote will be a majority.