Main Menu

Under the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2020, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

New Ozzy!  And it's good!!  This weekend the gaming will be Field of Glory:Empire turns and Warlock.  On the tube, Sunday is football all day startiing with Liverpool/Man United proceeding on to the AFC and NFC Championships.  Go Titans and Niners!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Change at work means I'm gonna have Sunday only free between workdays and that means I have to lavish attention on the Mrs. (you'd think after two decades she'd have enough of me by now, but no).  Don't think I'll get any gaming in at all.  Crud.

Gusington

Still trying to hone my skillz in Anno 1800, and slowly improving. Other games beckon - Age of Empires 3 with the fancy Wars of Liberty overhaul mod, modded Fall of the Samurai, and modded Star Wars: Empire at War. Plus titles in alpha and beta that have been updated lately like Iron Harvest and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts. Plus a whole host of WWI-themed games. I need more time!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2020, 08:32:15 AM
Still trying to hone my skillz in Anno 1800, and slowly improving. Other games beckon - Age of Empires 3 with the fancy Wars of Liberty overhaul mod, modded Fall of the Samurai, and modded Star Wars: Empire at War. Plus titles in alpha and beta that have been updated lately like Iron Harvest and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts. Plus a whole host of WWI-themed games. I need more time!

My usuals it seems -- World of Warships, boardgames and Hell Let Loose...oh, maybe some DCS!

jamus34

Probably a lot of Magic The Gathering arena and Monster Hunter World.

Would like to try to get back into some PS4 titles I own too such as RDR2, AC:Odyssey and Horizon Zero Dawn.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

I'm going to continue practicing with Dominions 5 in preparation for another Grogs PBEM. 

Since I'm here I'll shameless ask "anyone interested in playing Dominions 5 multi-player with solops, ajidica, and myself?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

More of the same, so mostly:

- Finishing my Civilization 6 campaign.
- Endless Space 2
- Omerta
- Master of Orion CtS

Martok

One or more flavors of Total War is in the offing:  Attila (with the 1212 AD mod), Thrones of Britannia, and/or Warhammer II

Am also looking at Stardrive 1 (with the Blackbox mod), and/or Interstellar Space: Genesis
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Moreb

Ozzy Osbourne. One minute he's incoherent, the next he's putting out a GREAT jam. Probably the best Ozzy stuff in a long time. Thanks Dog. It's new to me.

My parents were into oldies but for some reason they had Black Sabbath Paranoid album. My brother used to crank it when they were away and would tell me the guy on the cover was coming to get me. The music was so dark. Looking back it's just some dude with a pink sash, tights and a motorcycle helmet. I've been a fan ever since.

Oh me? I'm spending free time demoing the house. Wish I had more time to game (read any) but all is well here. Waiting for the wife to come down as she has been staying at our current house an hour and forty five minutes away near her work. I haven't seen her since last weekend. We've been getting along great. ;D

Here's an odd one. The demo of War Pigs which was supposed to be called "Walpurgis". The record company thought it too dark. The music is very near what you kanow as War Pigs, but the words are very different. Worth a listen if anyone is an Ozzy fan.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Glad you liked it, Moreb.  And I agree, that's the best Ozzy I have heard in a while.  The album was produced by Post Malone (an admission of unhippness, I heard the name before, but I have no idea who that is olde) and has several guest stars, including Elton John.  Turns out the two are pretty good friends.  In the total opposite direction of the Prince of Darkness, I give you St. Paul & The Broken Bones:

Looking around the map in one of my current Field Of Glory:Empires mp games, my did alight on Dalmatia.  I was all set to play them when I looked a little further East and saw Macedonia.  And I thought, "Why not play the genesis of this whole conflict?"  So, off I go to make my name on the ancient fields of battle!  May the spirits of Phillip and Alexander inspire wisdom and courage in me. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Moreb

I'd pay good money to see a Ozzy/Elton concert. I'd may even pay blood money.
When dongles fly? - mirth

jamus34

Quote from: Moreb on January 18, 2020, 12:58:06 AM
I'd pay good money to see a Ozzy/Elton concert. I'd may even pay blood money.

Arggghh the Iron Price for you.
Insert witty comment here.

-budd-

Been in a bit of a gaming funk, not much played for the past almost two weeks except my pbem turns. Down to just one PBEM game FOG2, so will do turns for that but really not sure about what else, i've opened and closed a few games but that's about it.

Great tune, came upon the new Ozzy tracks just last week.I like all 3 new tracks but Under the Graveyard is my favorite, looking forward to the album release.

A bit bummed by Neil Peart's passing, favorite drummer, and as good as a drummer as he was, he was a better lyricist. Went to a lot of Rush concerts, my brother in laws favorite band, he'd buy the tickets and tell me when the concert was, good times. I remember a long ago distinct memory of RUSH, during my stupid teenage years period i remember brewing up some shroom tea and laying on my bed spinning 2112 cover to cover, just letting the mind roam. Wasn't the first or last time i did that but 2112 or Masters of Reality were the only albums i spun for those trips. So many memorable lyrics throughout Rush songs, here's a couple of my favorites:

"A planet of playthings
We dance on a string
Of powers we cannot perceive.
The stars aren't aligned
Or the god are malign.
Blame is better to give than receive"

"Half the world hates
What half the world does every day
Half the world waits
While half gets on with it anyway"

For the past almost 20 years every time i get a new pair of headphones, on the ear, over the ear, in the ear, doesn't matter, the first song that is played on any new headphones is YYZ.
Bummer....RIP Mr. Peart

Good gaming everyone

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

I was surprised that Rush didn't headline this weeks thread. Thanks for mentioning Neil.

You still play 7 Days to Die, Budd? it just keeps getting better imho.

Also in a gaming funk, but mine related to being stuck at work this weekend...and this stupid snow storm. If I had my way I'd be VRing some DCS or BoS. Have been boning up on my BF 109 skills in both.