JTS' "The Seven Years War" -- RELEASED

Started by Cyrano, August 23, 2018, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/MusketAndPike/SevenYearsWar.html

Playtested by not one but two Grogheads for no additional charge.

That makes it better.

Honestly.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MengJiao

Quote from: Cyrano on August 23, 2018, 11:05:51 AM
http://www.johntillersoftware.com/MusketAndPike/SevenYearsWar.html

Playtested by not one but two Grogheads for no additional charge.

That makes it better.

Honestly.

Holy Shit!  Well, I know what I'm going to be playing for the next few weeks.

stolypin

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

Dang, I didn't want to buy another game right now!

Oh, and how did those North America battles playtest?  ::)  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MengJiao

Quote from: Cyrano on August 23, 2018, 11:05:51 AM

Honestly.

Freiburg 1762:  Prince Henry, Seidlitz (or Seydlitz) and the light troops skirmish their way to glory:

rahamy

Quote from: bbmike on August 23, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

This title focuses on the European battles of this war. If you want the NA ones you'll need to pick up French & Indian War:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/EarlyAmericanWars/FrenchIndianWar.html
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

stolypin

I know that graphics aren't the selling point for any Tiller title but those screenshots look gorgeous (much like the recently updated ACW titles). 

I wish they would do similar updates for the Napoleonic titles. 

rahamy

Quote from: stolypin on August 23, 2018, 01:42:26 PM
I know that graphics aren't the selling point for any Tiller title but those screenshots look gorgeous (much like the recently updated ACW titles). 

No promises on time frame, but we hope to get an updated look for the Napoleonic series at some point, too.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

bbmike

Quote from: rahamy on August 23, 2018, 01:14:28 PM
Quote from: bbmike on August 23, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

This title focuses on the European battles of this war. If you want the NA ones you'll need to pick up French & Indian War:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/EarlyAmericanWars/FrenchIndianWar.html

I'll pick that one up once (if) it gets beautified.  :dreamer:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mikeck

Dammit.
I never buy Tiller games because - although I'm not a graphics whore- they are sooooo hard to look at. But this one looks....decent! Not like a YouTube video of someone's IBM from 1991.
I'm in

Is there a game manual
Included in purchase for download? Or is it one of those that is in the game files?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Cyrano

@mikeck:  The manual is in .pdf formal in the install. 

There's the manual itself as well as a "Getting Started" guide to a simple scenario.

Also, the link above includes useful notes on how the system "thinks" if you want to peek into the black box.  It's quite remarkable what the game takes up.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

...and much as I credit Grogheads and its work at Origins for swelling the ranks of Kriegsspielers, soon Doug will be able to say the hordes of SYW fans now marches in their tens to glory!

stolypin

Quote from: rahamy on August 23, 2018, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: stolypin on August 23, 2018, 01:42:26 PM

No promises on time frame, but we hope to get an updated look for the Napoleonic series at some point, too.

Great news, thanks!

Grim.Reaper

Read somewhere that no 3D units/terrain in this version, is that true?  Not sure that's a deal breaker or maybe these lines of games removed them along time ago?

Always want to try these again, but the amount of units you control ultimately tires me out:(