Journeys End a WW1 film

Started by Con, March 17, 2018, 12:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Anyone going to see it?  Its getting great reviews

W8taminute

This looks good but I can't find a movie theater near me that's playing it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I read a review in the WSJ.  The description was an anti-war film with very little action.  Most of the short film was took place in a bunker while the men were undergoing an artillery barrage.  The review said the movie was very good, but had so little action that the reviewer doubted that most audiences would enjoy it.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I'm pretty confident I will enjoy it if I watch it alone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2018, 11:49:59 AM
I'm pretty confident I will enjoy it if I watch it alone.

But Gus, you are the avatar of the "not a normal audience."

JudgeDredd

My wife and daughter went to see it. They said I probably wouldn't like it...I didn't go.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

True Airboy.

Quite.

But I am surprised you didn't go JD. You are a sensitive feller...sounds like you would probably enjoy this.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes, we need some genuine British opinion on this one.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2018, 08:07:48 AM
True Airboy.

Quite.

But I am surprised you didn't go JD. You are a sensitive feller...sounds like you would probably enjoy this.
Mainly because I originally thought it was going to be a WWI action movie.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

It could be 'sensitive' WWI action.  ???