Main Menu

Here's to FRIDAY

Started by Martok, December 15, 2017, 03:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Rayfer on December 15, 2017, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot!   <:-)

Is this the online shooter without teams....a free for all, last person alive wins?

Yes, but they do have servers where you can play on a team. I'm doing just the solo battles, though. Getting my butt kicked every battle so far. But it's great fun!

JasonPratt

Nieces phase one: achieved.

Games played: not many really, they were here more for the grandparents this time (as per the plan). Some "Love Letter". Then while they helped decorate and watch some Anne of Green Gable, I introduced Bro to WARHAMMER 40K! -- specifically the co-op twin-stick shooter Kill Team on the PS3.

We finished the first two chapters of the campaign, seemed to go well.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Next achievement this week, getting the video DAR of the Crisis Grogs Fire in the Lake game up: achieved.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on December 16, 2017, 04:34:24 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 15, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed.  No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice.  I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless.  Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up.  Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks.  No chance of fighting them off?

The only position I don't hold Number 1 in is Finance, so, the prospects of keeping what I had in Europe are high.  Even with war from the Byzantines, Milanese, Sicilians, and Egyptians, I should come out on top.  But I saw the initial troops the Khan brought with him.  They are plentiful and experienced. 

They are outside a Turkish city at the very eastern edge of the map.  I've made diplomatic contact with them and offered up my Map Information.  If I can get them to take Turkey from the east, leaving me relatively undisturbed in Jerusalem, I may be able to finish Byzantium from the west.  Even if they take the Holy Land from me, I should be able to make comparable territorial grabs in Italy.  Milan is going down!
Nice.  Good luck, sir!

At the time of the last writing, I was facing four enemies.  Now, I have seven.  To the previous four, Egypt, Sicily, Milan, and Byzantium, I have added Holy Rome, the Mongols, and my treacherous allies, the Hungarians.  In an effort to stop some of these wars or prod allies to action in my defense, I have my diplomatic corps working overtime.  Unfortunately, not only have I been unsuccessful, but, my foray with Hungary ended with him repudiating our alliance and immediately declaring war. 

I've lost and regained Thessalonica and added Milan, Genoa, Smyrna, and Nicaea.  I have a powerful army one turn outside Constantinople, but, there is a Muslim jihad on the Byzantine capitol and their army is at the walls.  Oddly, this is the second turn it has been there and not put it under siege.  All I need is one more turn and I can grab it for myself.  Short of Generals in the right place, but more coming through the family tree.  Oh, and I am slowly improving the Holy Land as the Mongols mill around Baghdad. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2017, 03:24:00 PM
I don't like you. My wallet doesn't like you either. You better watch yourself.

Gus' wallet shot first.

:cowboy: