Decades Feeder Bracket - 1998 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, December 14, 2017, 08:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

With the exception of One Week, which I like, I got the other three right.  Kudos to you guys  O0  I was pretty sure when I put this together which song would come out on top, and it is still here.  Don't let me down!

The 1/13

The 2/3

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Well, y'all f'ed up and booted out "Celebrity Skin", which was hands down the best actual song in this bracket.

I like Foo Fighters, but this is about by 8th favorite song (and not even my favorite from this album, since "Monkeywrench" was kinda the story of my divorce, and was happening at this time)

In fact, I like all of these bands, and none of these songs would crack my top 5 for either of them, except maybe "One Week" and even then I'd have to think about it ("The Old Apartment" - see above re: "Monkeywrench").

Meanwhile, Hole isn't in my top 50 favorite bands, but "Celebrity Skin" is easily in my top 30-40 favorite songs of all time
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Hey!  He pays his fair share around here just like the rest of us. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Emeraldlis

I'm glad the foo fighters are still with us :) I really like the barenaked ladies song ~one week., I have to smile when I hear it, i think it's a great feel good song :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog