My Stash

Started by Tuna, October 18, 2017, 07:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Got a few kits for someone who hasn't touched a model since 2004, most are not opened. Some aftermarket crap to go with them too. Every summer, my wife who is a teacher will say "How about we sell this stuff on ebay?" I always think in the back of my mind I will take it up again some day.

20171018_195048

20171018_195053

DoctorQuest

Don't let JD anywhere near there.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

:o :o :o

Damn! I'll buy that F3F kit from you right now! How much?! How much for dee leetle cheeldren??

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Are you running a model shop out of your basement?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 18, 2017, 07:13:56 PM
:o :o :o

Damn! I'll buy that F3F kit from you right now! How much?! How much for dee leetle cheeldren??

lol, you like your bi-planes!.. Is it no available anymore? Did Accurate Miniatures go out of business?

GDS_Starfury

that is how great sci-fi kit bashes are born!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

oh my god!!!!!!!!!

That makes me so sad to see all that plastic sitting there without their ambitions being met - to be a "thing" again!

So many Dragon kits too. The shit I buy and my wife still whinges at me about the amount - and I've got maybe 20!

I think you should choose a kit and make it before Christmas. Do it. DO IT! DO IT!
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 19, 2017, 12:30:32 AM
oh my god!!!!!!!!!

That makes me so sad to see all that plastic sitting there without their ambitions being met - to be a "thing" again!

So many Dragon kits too. The shit I buy and my wife still whinges at me about the amount - and I've got maybe 20!

I think you should choose a kit and make it before Christmas. Do it. DO IT! DO IT!

But, but, but .. my paint is all dried up!!!.. lol. I even bought a new airbrush way back then that I never used.  :-\

Barthheart

Then sell it all to us! For cheap of course.....

chemkid

Quote from: Barthheart on October 19, 2017, 05:46:13 AM

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 19, 2017, 12:30:32 AM
[...] before Christmas. Do it. DO IT! DO IT!

;D

Tuna

I don't remember what it was, I think dual action iwata? that name might be totally off. I had their single action and really liked it, figured it would be time to upgrade. Then I fell away from the hobby. PC gaming was too much of an easy fix!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tuna on October 19, 2017, 07:38:18 AM

I don't remember what it was, I think dual action iwata? that name might be totally off. I had their single action and really liked it, figured it would be time to upgrade. Then I fell away from the hobby. PC gaming was too much of an easy fix!
Man - whilst I love PC gaming, modelling is extremely relaxing...very therapeutic.
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

I guess, but painting phase used to be stressful at times. That's why I leaned forwards Armor, didn't have to be perfect, and you could cover your mistakes During weathering phase. I think one thing that might have drawn me to stop was working on crappy kits. Maybe I should've stuck with the Dragon, Tamiya, AFV Club stuff.

Barthheart

Sell us all your models and you will have no stress.  O0

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on October 19, 2017, 07:58:07 AM
Sell us all your models and you will have no stress.  O0

Barth, you're such a good friend <I think> :crazy2: