Author Topic: Today's Review: 20th Anniversary ed of Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father  (Read 195 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline chemkid

• Equites
  • Do Not Try This At Home
    • Yamato Damashii (WitP-AE Mod)
Re: Today's Review: 20th Anniversary ed of Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 05:26:00 AM »
thanks for the review! i also bought this game 3 times... funny, these classics just deserve to be bought multiple times, right?!
(the macintosh version on 11? floppy disks for my lc475, the dos version on cd-rom with that great voice acting the mac version was missing and finally a few years back the gog version of the dos original... again! ;) )

cheers!
chem!

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 11:39:00 AM »
I've never played this first game; and the third game is based on a hoax so insulting that I refuse on principle to play it. But I liked the second game enough The Beast Within to have beat it at least twice, maybe three times. Don't know where it even is now...  :'(

(I mean other than on GoG. ;) )
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:42:42 AM by JasonPratt »
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline airboy

• Condottieri
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
I've never played this first game; and the third game is based on a hoax so insulting that I refuse on principle to play it. But I liked the second game enough The Beast Within to have beat it at least twice, maybe three times. Don't know where it even is now...  :'(

(I mean other than on GoG. ;) )

You should play the first one.  Most think it is the best of the series.