To clip or not to clip...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Putin Strikes locked and loaded for some serious game play!  :smitten:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

mirth

Look at all those corner bits, Barthheart! Look at them!!!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Crossroads

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Friday! Par-tee! Or, brew a cuppa, get them Oregon Lam clippers out, put some TLC into your games.

This, my friends, is Eisenbach Gap, Death of First Panzer, and Blood and Bridges counters locked and loaded! No more washing my hands after a game session  O0

mirth

The war against square counters continues...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on October 21, 2016, 11:55:36 AM

I am not at war against square counters as such, but at war against untidy chits.  :knuppel2:

As long as they need to be punched, leaving those corners an unholy mess, I will clip them  O0

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Crossroads on October 21, 2016, 12:10:32 PM

I am not at war against square counters as such, but at war against untidy chits.  :knuppel2:

As long as they need to be punched, leaving those corners an unholy mess, I will clip them  O0

+1, clipped counters just stack better....  a fact that can't really be disputed.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Ubercat

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 21, 2016, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on October 21, 2016, 12:10:32 PM

+1, clipped counters just stack better....  a fact that can't really be disputed.

Another thing that can't be disputed is that rounded corners don't catch on each other the way unclipped ones do. All those hanging chads are messy.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Yskonyn

My Russian troops have all been nicely clipped and stored in a RAACO box. Germans infantry is done as well, now working on the vehicles and guns. (ASL)
It's a life's work, but the end result is very nice.

I am using the big clipper shown on various pictures earlier in the thread. Of the three sizes I think I have the middle one.  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Ok - whilst I don't like this clipping

I think these are a f*****g mess  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Yuk - I can't abide raggy corners <shudder>

Wish I could afford one of then them posh corner trimmers!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on December 04, 2016, 03:28:54 PM
Yuk - I can't abide raggy corners <shudder>

Wish I could afford one of then them posh corner trimmers!
I know...they look the bizzo
Alba gu' brath