2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Ohio State just blew it at Penn State.  Wasn't able to see it, but dad said that PSU was able to capitalize on OSU mistakes.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DoctorQuest

My folks went to Penn State many years ago and I still have family in PA. The PSU/OSU game is always big. Glad to see the Lions pull it off. I will need to catch the replay on ESPN3.

My Huskers stumbled into another win. If we were consistant we would be truly dangerous.  >:D
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Quote from: Bison on October 22, 2016, 05:29:20 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 22, 2016, 03:19:14 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 22, 2016, 03:12:04 PM
Why is Tom of 'Tom & Jerry' the K-State mascot?
Because he takes it on the chin almost every time?

Not today.  We took down Texas and helped demonstrate just how overrated they were going into the season.

Texas is the most hated team in College Football.  Go K-State.

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 22, 2016, 06:29:07 PM
My boys did their level best to keep the Lamar Jackson Heisman campaign going today.  Eesh. They were capital-B BAD today...

The 54 - 13 score makes it seem closer than it actually was.  After the first half my wife and I were wondering if they would shorten the game.

airboy

Good football weekend.

UNC beat Virginia in Charlottesville convincingly.
Auburn smashed Arkansas.  Auburn's 2nd and 3rd string kept piling up points.

Dook did not win but unfortunately could not lose since it was a Bye week for them.

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on October 23, 2016, 08:38:09 AM
Texas is the most hated team in College Football. 

I'd like to nominate USC.  Or maybe Notre Dame.  There's a fair amount of hate for 'Bama, Ohio State, and Michigan, too.  Texas certainly belongs on the short list. :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on October 23, 2016, 11:04:07 AM
Quote from: airboy on October 23, 2016, 08:38:09 AM
Texas is the most hated team in College Football. 

I'd like to nominate USC.  Or maybe Notre Dame.  There's a fair amount of hate for 'Bama, Ohio State, and Michigan, too.  Texas certainly belongs on the short list. :)

Texas caused the breakup of an entire conference.  They are hated far, far more than their win-loss record would indicate.  The other schools are disliked for winning.  Texas is disliked because their athletic department are jerks.

bayonetbrant

When you can chase Nebraska out of your conference and breakup their long-standing rivalry with OU, yeah, you're assholes.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2016, 12:14:20 PM
When you can chase Nebraska out of your conference and breakup their long-standing rivalry with OU, yeah, you're assholes.

I know a lot of Aggies (Texas A&M fans).  They hate Texas as much as I hate Dook.  Well, almost as much.

Martok

Dear gods the Vikings were terrible today.  Yes, some credit goes to the Eagles' defense, but we simply did not execute well at all.  :buck2: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

Quote from: Martok on October 23, 2016, 03:44:33 PM
Dear gods the Vikings were terrible today.  Yes, some credit goes to the Eagles' defense, but we simply did not execute well at all.  :buck2:

Yes!!  I played Philly Def in fantasy football today.  31 points!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Maybe it was a clause in the Bradford trade
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

It makes me sick whenever Brady runs.