Monster Hunter International - Free!

Started by airboy, May 31, 2015, 07:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Monster Hunter International is now free from www.baen.com
http://www.baenebooks.com/c-1-free-library.aspx?sectionID=176

I highly recommend this book if you like modern-day, well written, action books.  The premise is that monsters are real, that President Teddy Roosevelt put in place a bounty system for killing monsters, and there are professional monster hunters out there.

Couple this with a government agency charged with keeping the existence of monsters secret and you have a free-market oriented, weapon happy, monster killing environment.

I own every book in this series.  It is awesome!!!!  I've given copies of the book to buddies.  Everyone I gave it to bought every other book in the series. 

Warning - if you read the first book you may have sold your soul to reading every other book in this series.  This is the Baen "here - try the crack for free! marketing method."

Staggerwing

Thanks for the heads-up!

How do these compare to the 'Laundry Files' series of books by Charles Stross? (assuming that you've read any  :)))
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Skwerl

Thanks for the tip!  This sounds like a great read.

bob48

Excellent - just downloaded it for free on my Kindle  O0
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

I'm more than half way through and it is a very entertaining book. I can see me eventually reading the rest of the series. Good stuff.

'Clip those corners'

airboy

Quote from: bob48 on July 02, 2015, 09:33:28 AM
I'm more than half way through and it is a very entertaining book. I can see me eventually reading the rest of the series. Good stuff.

Glad you enjoyed it.  The audio versions are also exceptionally well done.

I was given "monster hunter" swag for my birthday.

bob48

Finished the first one, and enjoyed it - the rest are on my 'to read' pile. O0

'Clip those corners'