Main Menu

Happy Valentines!

Started by jomni, February 13, 2019, 11:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I would be too if I had to play Cricket and put, 'bloody' in front of everything.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

FlickJax I thought you were Canadistani...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2019, 03:14:00 PM
The Wife's birthday is 2/20. She will get a different version of the Valentimes card above.

JH would you believe I know plenty of adults who pronounce it like your daughter does.

The Wife brought me home a donut. Just a donut, but I'll be dipped in poo if it wasn't the most delicious donut I've ever had.

Your wife gets a lifetime pass of awesomeness from me.  She shares a birthday with my sainted grandmother.  And about that donut...dip it in her tea.  You'll both be happy. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

She drinks like a gallon of tea a day...how'd you know that?

My own sainted grandmother's birthday is 2/19.

And my bedeviled sister's birthday is 2/21.

Somewhere in those numbers is a divine plan.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: MetalDog on February 15, 2019, 05:15:00 PM
Your wife gets a lifetime pass of awesomeness from me.  She shares a birthday with my sainted grandmother.  And about that donut...dip it in her tea.  You'll both be happy. ;)
Quote from: Gusington on February 15, 2019, 06:13:38 PM
She drinks like a gallon of tea a day...how'd you know that?

My own sainted grandmother's birthday is 2/19.

And my bedeviled sister's birthday is 2/21.

Somewhere in those numbers is a divine plan.

It's a euphemism.  Also, said sainted grandmother viewed tea as a sovereign remedy.  Especially paired with toast.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 14, 2019, 08:54:40 AM
As a Veteran Husband by now, I got all that Valentine's stuff taken care of weeks ago. Wives always say, "Oh, don't bother about Valentine's Day. It's not that important". But believe me, it is... to them. So plan for it like the D-Day invasion, well in advance. Trust me guys, you're going to pay for it one way or another. Either out of your pocket or later wishing you had paid out of your pocket. And so my Lovely wife, already pleased with her loving husband this morning, and due to be even more pleased when her flowers show-up at work, will leave him to game-play in peace this day.  :clap:

That advice and the way it was delivered kind of reminds me of Patton's speech.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

He's the one who told me all that. Mrs. Patton could be a real Bi--h.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 14, 2019, 08:54:40 AM
As a Veteran Husband by now, I got all that Valentine's stuff taken care of weeks ago. Wives always say, "Oh, don't bother about Valentine's Day. It's not that important". But believe me, it is... to them. So plan for it like the D-Day invasion, well in advance. Trust me guys, you're going to pay for it one way or another. Either out of your pocket or later wishing you had paid out of your pocket. And so my Lovely wife, already pleased with her loving husband this morning, and due to be even more pleased when her flowers show-up at work, will leave him to game-play in peace this day.  :clap:

Awesome strategy and tactical implementation!

I had to drive 350 miles on V-Day.  Attend business meeting V-Day+1.  Return home on V-Day+2