Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Tosh

Lol. Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Grim.Reaper

I know some folks still like it, but rather them to take a pause and begin moving to a new version at some point.

WallysWorld

I'm playing The Thirty Years War now and I'm really enjoying it. This will definitely be a buy for me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

tgb

Count me among those tired of the AGE engine.

WallysWorld

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 07, 2016, 05:15:02 PM
I know some folks still like it, but rather them to take a pause and begin moving to a new version at some point.
They are working on a new version of the engine.
Ageod interview

"AGEOD: More than a rumor, as it was announced in the Home of Wargamers 2015, which is the Slitherine Convention! Indeed, there is a new engine in the making that we are developing in-house with several Slitherine developers located in Canada. It will be a turn based (WEGO) engine that strives to be the best of both worlds, between having modern graphics while keeping the innovative gameplay of Ageod."
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Grim.Reaper

I'll wait for the new engine then:)

-budd-

tried, didnt click with me. I like the off beat subjects but the engines doesnt do it for me.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Well... here's a couple wars high on my wishlist.  War of Spanish Succession and Great Northern War?  Sign me up.

I don't have much of a problem with AGE games if:

1)  It isn't sluggish or bogged down for an exceptionally long time during turn resolution.  (too much junk jammed into old engine)

2) They don't skimp on the artwork.

and

3) The title in question covers something pre- 19th century.  Line battles before long front lines, or widely sweeping Corps attempting to emulate same.

Like most other games, I only play them in short stretches.  So when they are being released once every three or four months, it will take awhile before I get around to any of the latest.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on July 08, 2016, 10:48:05 AM
Well... here's a couple wars high on my wishlist.  War of Spanish Succession and Great Northern War?  Sign me up.

Evidently it's possible to play both wars simultaneously. Got a huge map of Europe / Med, might as well use it!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

IronX

Oh yes, very much interested in being able to play the War of Spanish Succession. But I'm a little concerned given the criticism of their latest Napoleonic game. Will have to wait and see. Otherwise it would have been a Day One purchase.

mikeck

The engine is fine for some games doesn't do well for the ones more epic in scale unfortunately.  I still love RoP, ACW2 and AJE especially.  The engine is just fine when they keep the proper scale. The smaller wars of the Romans is a great example versus the epic scale of World War I which was horrible
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: IronX on July 08, 2016, 12:23:47 PM
Oh yes, very much interested in being able to play the War of Spanish Succession. But I'm a little concerned given the criticism of their latest Napoleonic game. Will have to wait and see. Otherwise it would have been a Day One purchase.

Nspoleonic game had bugs on release. Most of those were cleared up. It's a good game, I just don't care for diplomacy in my wargame
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

IronX

Damn, I should have picked it up during the Steam sale. I thought it was still very buggy.

bbmike

I love AGEOD games. I can't wait to see the new engine. Hopefully it will be introduced with Pride of Nations 2.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak