Origins 2014

Started by bayonetbrant, January 30, 2014, 09:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

No promises yet (it's way too soon), but I'm definitely going to see what I can do about that.  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

Never too soon. Plan now, book the time off, start saving money, suck up to the wife etc. all can be done now.  ;)

Barthheart

Unless yer real name is Jim.... we had.. what... 5 of them in the booth at one time....  :crazy2:

bayonetbrant

incidentally, Proving Ground won an Origins Award for Best Historical Miniature Rules with Fields of Fire, so very well-done to them!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

My vote for next year is more Jim's and more Canadians... :2funny:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Barthheart

How about Canadians named Jim?  :uglystupid2:

GDS_Starfury

so you actually stepped into a slim jims?

is that what a herd of Jims are called?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

oh right.... the front page that I never check.   :uglystupid2:

bayonetbrant

Numbers from Origins this year (per GAMA's Facebook page):
Unique attendance 12,902.
Turnstile attendance was 39,214.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

I like the Staff Wargaming article.  It sounds like that was alot of fun to participate in.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Barthheart

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 19, 2014, 08:58:00 PM
I like the Staff Wargaming article.  It sounds like that was alot of fun to participate in.

It was blast to participate in. I was the Fires officer for our run through. Very tense and very good way to learn the workings of a combat staff.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 19, 2014, 09:05:03 AM
Numbers from Origins this year (per GAMA's Facebook page):
Unique attendance 12,902.
Turnstile attendance was 39,214.

sounds great.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Barthheart on June 19, 2014, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 19, 2014, 08:58:00 PM

It was blast to participate in. I was the Fires officer for our run through. Very tense and very good way to learn the workings of a combat staff.

I assume an interest in military history, wargaming etc. helped but did you have any other prior experience/knowledge that helped you participate or was it easy to jump in and learn as you went.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GDS_Starfury

I would imagine that wargamers being wargamers they would go with the flow.