Main Menu

Terminal Conflict

Started by Jarhead0331, December 06, 2018, 03:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

OK, ok...who is going to take one for the team and try this? Looks like the group that developed Arsenal of Democracy had some role in this game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/745970/Terminal_Conflict/

Command history in this most definitive Cold War strategy game. Gain access to your retro terminal and assert dominance through strategic arms races and disarmaments. Balance the world on the brink of mutual assured destruction to ensure total victory!

Main Features:

• Command the most authentic Cold War strategy simulator
• Turn-based single-player strategy and head-to-head multiplayer
• MIRVIN, your retro computer, purpose built, AI guide, brilliantly voice acted by James Spence.
• Nuclear warfare systems and authentic Doomsday Clock tension mechanism, the countdown to midnight has started ... 3 ...2 ...1
• All aspect strategic warfare - economic, intelligence, diplomacy and military combat.
• Era immersive, historically plausible events and decisions covering the period between 1946-1991
• Recruit 30+ unique historical leaders like Mao Zedong, Margaret Thatcher, or Ernesto ''Che'' Guevara brandishing their own special abilities.
• The Space Race is on! Will you claim technological superiority?
• Create and tell your own history through modding and customization with a powerful integrated in game editor

Developer diaries here: http://strategy-mill.com/games.html
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

That looks interesting, like the old Balance of Power game. If didn't just buy Mutant Year Zero I would have tried this.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Does look interesting.....but not $30 interesting with little feedback on it.  With all the other sales going on, this one will need to wait for me.

Jarhead0331

i agree that the price is a bit too steep. $19.99 would seem like the sweet spot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Just read that intentionally no save game option available in the game.....and the developer is only "warming" to the idea of adding it to the wish list.  Sounds like it is a short game, but no way I buy a game without a save feature.

My decision now made easier:)

bbmike

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2018, 06:03:35 PM
Just read that intentionally no save game option available in the game.....and the developer is only "warming" to the idea of adding it to the wish list.  Sounds like it is a short game, but no way I buy a game without a save feature.

My decision now made easier:)

O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

rss334

I searched and could not find any other posts about this game, had it on my wishlist forever and see its on sale for 50% off, guessing by the lack of topics/comments about the game it was/is not worth it? The premise looks neat a battle over regions kind of like twilight struggle / chess.   Is there enough depth and replay-ability for a buy?   

Silent Disapproval Robot

I like the astestics of it but I'm not sure about the gameplay.  Looks kind of like a "choose your own adventure" type thing at its core.

I agree that $30 seems too steep.  If it shows up in a bundle or goes on sale, I'll give it a whirl.