Combat Mission Shock Force 2 coming to Matrix

Started by glen55, August 07, 2020, 10:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

Quote from: Destraex on September 03, 2020, 06:34:33 AM
Quote from: Elvis on August 31, 2020, 02:04:56 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on August 31, 2020, 01:11:33 PM
I own CMSF1, modules and "CMSF1 Big Bundle Upgrade CMSF1-UPB2".

Does that mean I have CMSF1 engine 4.0 or do I own CMSF2?

If you own "CMSF1 Big Bundle Upgrade CMSF1-UPB2" then you own CMSF2. Use the Upgrade's key to get the Steam keys (if that's what you wanted to do). 
Hells yeah. Exactly what I was looking at. I wonder how much I am looking at because I own all the CMSF1 bundles.

There is a bundle upgrade for base game and all modules.  I think it is $35.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on September 03, 2020, 06:23:34 AM

So you don't remember anything about that long thread with even beta testers complaining about the absence of updates and communications from BFC?

No. I didn't spend much time on the public boards for years and years before I became one of the moderators. I'd poke my head in from time to time but didn't spend nearly the time that I did "back in the day", where I pretty much read every thread. The development forums and off site forums I read a lot. But the public Battlefront forum had become too big. There are only so many hours in the day for goofing off. :-) Once it became part of my job it wasn't goofing off anymore.

RyanE

And that is going back to my point.  You obviously weren't there and its very fair of that reviewer to state that.  I think BFC lost a lot of "fringe" fans during the period.  Everything was late, no comms, and beta testers also complaining.  Its a paradise there compared to now.

Pete Dero

Apocalypse 31

I picked it up on Steam then immediately refunded it, and realized why I stopped playing the CM-series.

The game performance is awful - low FPS, even on a decent gaming rig.
The game UI is so clunky - just looking around and moving is clunky and weird.
Graphically, the game looks like shit - animations aren't synchronized, shadows flash in and out, and things are very pixelated (even on high resolution)

What makes this Shock Force 2.0?

More lipstick on the pig?

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on September 11, 2020, 04:03:47 PM
I picked it up on Steam then immediately refunded it, and realized why I stopped playing the CM-series.

The game performance is awful - low FPS, even on a decent gaming rig.
The game UI is so clunky - just looking around and moving is clunky and weird.
Graphically, the game looks like shit - animations aren't synchronized, shadows flash in and out, and things are very pixelated (even on high resolution)

What makes this Shock Force 2.0?

More lipstick on the pig?

It plays great on my rig I had built in 2015.  I even have old laptops it runs fine on.  Once, a built in intel graphics card (laptop) gave me problems when I forgot to make the game run off the Nvidia card.  That was easy to solve.  I don't understand all the tech stuff.  At the Batttlefront forums tech knowledgeable players have many helpful posts. 

CMSF is one of my favorite CM titles because it has so many scenarios made for it over the years.  The title is set in Syria but there are many free user made scenarios for Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, etc.  There is even one for the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.   

IMO one of the most noticeable improvements in CMSF2 is amphibious vehicles.  Below are screenshots of USMC forcing entry on a contested beach. 

Night Ops.

al_infierno

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on September 11, 2020, 04:03:47 PM
low FPS, even on a decent gaming rig.

What kind of CPU do you have on this "decent gaming rig"?  The game isn't graphically intensive, but it's fairly CPU intensive.  It runs flawlessly on my laptop with a high-power CPU and integrated graphics.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao