Star Trek: Picard

Started by steve58, May 23, 2019, 11:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Sad. I can see him changing diapers, "Make it so No. 1 not No.2".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Picard married Beverly Crusher at some point before the series finale. They also got divorced.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 23, 2019, 07:01:33 PM
Picard married Beverly Crusher at some point before the series finale. They also got divorced.

That still counts as an alternate continuity.  Don't forget that in that timeline the Enterprise D was also never destroyed and Troi didn't marry Riker and had died.

Possible that Picard and Beverly never had the same fate either, but I guess we'll find out.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Troi always scared the shit out of me, a really hot babe that can read your true thoughts. At all times.  :hide: That's bad dreams stuff right there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 23, 2019, 10:04:57 PM
Troi always scared the shit out of me, a really hot babe that can read your true thoughts. At all times.  :hide: That's bad dreams stuff right there.

Dunno, half the time she was pretty useless...

::Romulan Warbird approaches the Enterprise, it's weapons armed, shields up and locks on::

Troi:  "I sense hostility Captain!"
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

DoctorQuest

I had the same problem with Porthos on "Enterprise". I mean, really...A DOG on an experimental ship! Guess who is first out the airlock in an emergency.

I can understand having a ship's counselor from a mental health staff perspective. I don't understand why she had a bridge position. I supposed it fit in with Roddenberry's Utopian first season philosophy.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

I think she was meant to help with diplomacy, and so naturally had a bridge position for that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

There were too many bridge positions on that ship. It was like an f---ing airport lounge in there.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 24, 2019, 08:58:12 PM
I think she was meant to help with diplomacy, and so naturally had a bridge position for that.

Valid point.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

How come Worf never got a cushy couch to sit on?  :timeout:

JasonPratt

How come he never got a stone bench to sit on!?

Well, I'm sure he actually preferred to loom menacingly over the bridge anyway.  >:D

(Until he got punched around by the threat of the week, to demonstrate how dangerous they were, thus leading to the story trope of being "Worfed".)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

Now this seems hopeful.  The writers must have visited the DesSub Pub in Norfolk.

https://giphy.com/gifs/swear-trek-sweartrek-quitting-time-fH6uBGKBKUyRYtk3f0
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Martok

I'm still royally pissed the show is being locked behind CBS's All-Access bullshit.  With that said, I'll admit watching this brought a lump to my throat in a few different spots... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

I can't say anything without sounding full-on fanboy, but damn.....can't wait for this!!!

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"