Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 19, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
Barth, did we get notifications from PBEM++ back when we were playing Decisive Campaigns against each other? I can't recall...  ??? Part of my brain seems to remember that vaguely, and the rest of my brain says it definitely doesn't remember that happening.

Not a clue... slept a bunch since then... not even sure we used the PBEM++ system did we?

JasonPratt

Yep! -- didn't send files to each other, used the PBEM++ system.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

MetalDog

Just heard from Martok.  He has been ill recently and wants me to express his regrets that he cannot participate in our little game.  In light of one of our own being down a human teammate, and as we're only two turns in, we can start over.  If everyone agrees.  Maybe our solo player would prefer it that way.  I know not.  But I, for one, am open to either option.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Yeah I don't mind starting over.  I hope Martok recovers soon.

Barthheart

Hope Martok gets better soon and it's not serious.

I'm ok with starting again if required.

JasonPratt

I'm fine with starting over.

We'll need a new teammate for Speedy, though!

Updated the original post.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Sir Slash

No I haven't. But it's on my Steam list. Along with so many others.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Tuna

We're still waiting on Huw to do his turn!!!!

The person who is Martok's mate, can he team up with another team?, as long as they aren't all 3 stars, it shouldn't be an issue.

Huw the Poo

What?  Of those who responded to the question of starting over, 100% said they were OK with it.  So I thought we were starting over and haven't logged in!

I'll take my turn now but can we decide what's happening please?

JasonPratt

I've just been waiting to see if someone else was going to join Speedy's team, or alternately if he was going to join someone else's team.

One possibility is that he joins MD's team, but as someone relatively weak and far away so that they can't all gang up and support each other immediately, e.g. he Speedy joins as the Goths; with Tuna as the Avernii (presumably again), and MD as Belgium (presumably again). That would give Team Frank a nice spread across, well, eventual-Frankish territory. ;) They all kind of suck so need each other, but they're also somewhat separated from each other and so all three won't be immediately supporting one another's back (like Team South Arabia or Team BritonBrigands.)

Barthheart

JasonPratt

Option 1.) Tuna, MD, and Speedy agree to join together as the Frank Team (and we restart, Speedy picks someone away from either of them like the Goths);

Option 2.) We wait until the weekend and poll in the Friday thread to find Speedy a new partner. If he doesn't get one by Monday morning, he has to take option 1 or option 3.

Option 3.) Speedy, Tuna, and MD agree to an alliance even though Speedy is over in the Caucuses (about as far away as the Goths, but with more immediate problems), and we continue on playing them as they lay.