A Staggerwing for Staggerwing

Started by avrotim, April 08, 2016, 10:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avrotim

This is a paper Beech-Staggerwing I built a while back.  Just thought I would post this after listening to the Staggerwing-man on the grogcast.

currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

Silent Disapproval Robot

He's named after an airplane?  I just assumed he was a drunk.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 08, 2016, 10:52:58 AM

not mutually exclusive
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: avrotim on April 08, 2016, 10:46:24 AM
This is a paper Beech-Staggerwing I built a while back.  Just thought I would post this after listening to the Staggerwing-man on the grogcast.

She's a beauty!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 08, 2016, 10:56:15 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 08, 2016, 10:52:58 AM

not mutually exclusive

Not that far off on the day of recording either. I have yet to listen to the podcast since I have to get back to work so I will cringe later...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

avrotim

That Staggerwing you use for your avatar is really nice.  I can't make it out; whats the symbol on the fuselage?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

avrotim

American Embassy London?  Huh!

OK I go my next paper project- repaint and build a Staggerwing just like that one.

Staggerwing

During the nineteen forties Staggerwings were used by the War Dept in much the same way militarized corporate jets are used today. IIRC, the military name for the Staggerwing was 'Traveler' or 'Traveller'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys