The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

GOG cleans up and un-DRMs Close Combat:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20180206_launch_promo_close_combat

Fascinating that CoI is missing, though.

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Is there a review for Panthers in the Fog?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

^Should be on the front page.  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Damn, I played the hell out of CC III. I might have to get that one just because.

-budd-

WAR is missing also, wonder was res the old ones run at? Number two was always my favorite.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Shelldrake

Maybe GOG couldn't get CC1 to work on a modern OS?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Greybriar

Quote from: Cyrano on February 06, 2018, 09:39:02 AM
GOG cleans up and un-DRMs Close Combat:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20180206_launch_promo_close_combat

Fascinating that CoI is missing, though.

Jim

What I find amazing about it is that the Close Combat series began over 20 years ago! I played a lot of the early Close Combat games (I & II) and later purchased III & IV, but never got around to playing them much.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tuna

So is the Russian front one, the Matrix one, or is it the original CC III?

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

The update for Matrix is called "Cross of Iron".
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Agents of Mayhem is 75% off on steam for only $9.99. It looks sort of like Saints Row, so if you're into that sort of thing...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Prey is on sale at Green Man for 52% off - you all think it's worth that if I only play the SP campaign?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 01:11:13 PM
Prey is on sale at Green Man for 52% off - you all think it's worth that if I only play the SP campaign?

I don't know whether this is a concern to you or not, but according to Steam Prey "Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Anti-tamper...." Some posts I've read claim Denuvo slows down their PC. Others say Denuvo doesn't make any difference. I have avoided games that used Denuvo just as a precaution.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Hmm thanks Greybriar...I don't have any games with Denovo as far as I know, so I don't know what it will do to my machine.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And with the GMG voucher Prey is 19.19...I think I am going in.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd