GROGHEADS Steam Group

Started by Bison, January 29, 2012, 12:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on February 16, 2012, 08:49:13 PM
Exactly.

Either way, it's good to know that you will be in for some MP.  I know me, W8 and Barth are vets, but that will only add to your experience.  And we can all play on the difficulty level we are comfortable with.  I will be playing Prince.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on February 16, 2012, 08:28:34 PM
Downloading it now and the manual. Is it mod foldered? Do I have to disable other mods?

I don't think you have to disable other mods but keep that in mind if you have trouble running Invictus.  As a side note, this is the only mod I have installed since I had to reformat my hard drive a while back. 

The download is a self installing file.  Double click and follow it's instructions.  Here is the section from the manual for requirements:

Before installing

Requirements

Since this is a mod for Civilization 4, all the requirements that apply to the game itself
apply to the mod too, of course. Still, due to the advanced nature of the mod, its
requirements are a bit higher than these of vanilla* game. While the game itself can run
on videocards not supporting 2.0 shaders, you will need a SM2.0-capable videocard to
run our mod without trouble. This means that we can't guarantee that our mod will run
on Intel onboard videocards (often found on laptops).

Also, due to much more content and functionality compared to vanilla game, it is more
hungry for RAM, VRAM and CPU performance. This is especially true for larger maps
and for the bundled World Map.

Our mod is designed to be run on Beyond the Sword or Civ 4 Complete patched to
latest available version (3.19). Its installer is designed to be compatible with Steam
version of the game as well. Be sure to clean your CustomAssets folder before (or after)
installing – it is a common source of troubles with mods in general.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

OK. I will check these boards come Saturday to make sure you're not..."exhausted."

Thanks for the above W8...sounds like I can just install without worries.

Just lost my first Shogun 2 campaign btw...the AI in this TW is by far the best of any of the prior games, kniving and sneaky. Awesome game though, gonna go back for more tomorrow :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Did you really spell conniving, "kniving"?!

:o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Quote from: W8taminute on February 16, 2012, 04:22:25 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 16, 2012, 03:21:27 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 16, 2012, 01:37:42 PM
Put me down for Dawn of War II, CiV, Shogun 2, and Empire: Total War.  Message me in advance for making a play date.

Can ETW be played online in campaign mode?  I never was clear as to whether they worked that out.

I thought I saw a section in the main menu for multiplayer, but now that I think of it you might be right.  Online Campaign mode might not exist for E:TW, just those historic battles scenarios.  Let me check that tonight.  I do have Napolean Total War though and that does indeed have an online campaign mode.
IIRC, CA was going to beta-test an online campaign mode for Empire.  However, I'm not sure if they ever got around to actually doing so. 

I knew about the online battles, but then every TW title has had them. 

Quote from: MetalDog on February 16, 2012, 08:29:31 PM
I am VERY much interested in a Civ IV MP with you fellows.  Friday is better than Saturday for right now.  Once the girlfriend and I get into a routine, Saturday nights will free up.  On a related note, I'm going to introduce her to Civ.  I'm HOPING she'll dig it and we can add another player, but I'm not holding my breath.
Ah, so she's your girlfriend now?  And here I was thinking you were just FWB.  ;D 

Still, kudos either way! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on February 17, 2012, 03:02:02 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 16, 2012, 08:29:31 PM
I am VERY much interested in a Civ IV MP with you fellows.  Friday is better than Saturday for right now.  Once the girlfriend and I get into a routine, Saturday nights will free up.  On a related note, I'm going to introduce her to Civ.  I'm HOPING she'll dig it and we can add another player, but I'm not holding my breath.
Ah, so she's your girlfriend now?  And here I was thinking you were just FWB.  ;D 

Still, kudos either way!

This one is fast moving, like a comet, but I think I've got it right.

Gusington

^SWEET!

Yes I did actually spell it 'kniving'...don't tell anyone.

Got Invictus installed last night before bed, didn't fire it up though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

I play Invictus for about an hour last night. Really nice graphics overhaul, lots of game changes. Runs slow though 'cause there's 54 civs in play!!! I didn't get very far into the game, playing as Rome, so I'll try to get some more in tonight.

I could be available for a MP game tomorrow night...

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Awesome (Gus) and double awesome (Barthheart)!

Let's try to look for each other on Steam then saturday night around 9:30ish then.  Try running a random game with a large or medium sized map with fewer civs.  The manual says that with the World Scenario that comes with the mod many will experience lag because of the 54 civs in it.

And if you check under game options "set ai player to win" or something like that, prepare to be smoked really badly unless you are a Civilization god.  I can't tell you how many times I shook my fists in rage and yelled at the monitor as the AI meticulously slaughtered my pathetic backside.  Good stuff really...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

I don't know if what's left of my fragile ego can handle another spanking in another game by another AI in the same week.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I hear ya, which is why I haven't been playing much computer games lately.  But when I discovered this mod I couldn't believe how fun it was.  The ai is really good and when there are no humans to play against, this mod is a pretty decent substitute.

Gusington

^Those are the magic words for me, since 99.99% of the time I hate people.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd