Graviteam's TANK WARFARE: Tunisa 1943 due out on STEAM in May 2017

Started by Staggerwing, April 18, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

The terrain makes for some interesting encounters and a treacherous one at that......

PE

Hofstadter

Had to cancel my stream

My internet is how you say....a gestating pile of herpes. I tried to do it but there was just all the buffering
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

This series remains a total treat for the senses. The visual experience of combat is unlike anything else available on a computer. Graviteam is total king here putting everything else to utter shame. Truly captivating.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just had time to fiddle with the first couple of tutorials.

I kept hearing a loud pinging noise, almost like an old typewriter makes when the carriage return is pushed.  At first I thought it might be the sound of an M1 Garand's magazine running dry but I'd hear it very clearly even when zoomed away from any US troops.  Not sure what it's supposed to be.

I haven't had a chance to look through the options but I hope there's a way to turn off the chatter from the infantry.  It's pretty repetitive.

Barthheart

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 01, 2017, 03:25:06 PM
The terrain makes for some interesting encounters and a treacherous one at that......

PE

All the terrain I've seen so far looks bowling alley flat! Is there other types of terrain? I know it's the desert but there should be at least dunes to hide behind....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on May 02, 2017, 10:06:40 AM

PE

All the terrain I've seen so far looks bowling alley flat! Is there other types of terrain? I know it's the desert but there should be at least dunes to hide behind....

Dunes? The game covers the Battle of Sidi Bouzid in central Tunisia. Its more mountainous than traditional desert. If you put dunes, you might as well put jungles too. The game is an authentic recreation of an actual battle. The geography is limited by history.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Barthheart

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 02, 2017, 10:20:36 AM

PE

Dunes? The game covers the Battle of Sidi Bouzid in central Tunisia. Its more mountainous than traditional desert. If you put dunes, you might as well put jungles too. The game is an authentic recreation of an actual battle. The geography is limited by history.

Ok, not dunes, but it all wasn't that flat.... hills, rocky outcroppings, etc...?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on May 02, 2017, 10:26:29 AM

PE

Ok, not dunes, but it all wasn't that flat.... hills, rocky outcroppings, etc...?

Gullies, rocks, plants, settlements/villages, etc. I have seen it all. Its not all THAT flat. Its pretty diverse in a lot of ways.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Barthheart

mikeck

I just watched a documentary on the campaign in North Africa and Tunisia and the terrain looks identical to me. Small rises breaking up a general flat terrain
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

trek

Anyone else here running the game in Win 7? I've got the game running and can play the Campaign and Quick Battles. However I cannot get the Battle Editor to work. Just watched James Allen's review and in his video of him setting up the  Battle Editor his shows on the left side of the screen icon list the next to the bottom icon is a clock symbol in black and white. On my map screen it shows an icon of a guy in a semi-recline position sitting on a half circle. The icon is red and white. When I click on it a text says unable to execute etc. I'm thinking this may be a problem because I'm running Win 7. Since the main reason I play Graviteam's games is because I like to do custom battles. If this function doesn't work for me I will get a refund before my two hour return window is up on Steam.

BTW the Battle Editor works perfectly for me on Mius Front in Win 7 but since this new one is not setup for my OS I'm thinking it's the problem.

-budd-

I made a battle. German AI attack, defend with your Shermans.  File attached. If you play let me know how you fair. Dusk, clear weather.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

PanzersEast

PE

I was referencing more of us who have played the previous versions will find that the terrain can be a little more arduous when maneuvering.  Using your line of site becomes paramount because although it may look like flat terrain, can actually provide adequate cover and not everything is so pronounced.  So far on several engagements I have found that to be the case.  Scouting the territory to me is a much more of a detailed and up close task than before.

I have to disagree with James Allen on the review... although I do understand his point of view.  But a thumbs down on the review is not warranted.  The game provides great visuals, an entirely new country and equipment to play with, as well as some pretty well designed maps.  Overall I think the price is warranted and would have no problem recommending it to new players or those who have previous versions.  I think it is much more than just a DLC, but that is just my opinion... 2 Thumbs up for me

Barthheart

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.