Started by Jarhead0331, December 20, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That looks like fun. Are the battles very long? Hope to see more of Gus playing as Gus-tavus.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I haven't heard of the battle of Dunker Church either -- but I do know a little about the Dunkers!

The "Dunkers" or "Tunkers" was the nickname of "The Church of the Friends", a Pennsylvania Dutch Baptist group, somewhat related to the Mennonites, the Amish, and the Appalachian Primitive Baptists of modern-day snake-handling fame. Being early American Baptists explains their nickname: they were the first large group in their area to practice full immersion baptism, "dunking" converts. ("Tunker" is a slightly more derrogatory nickname variant of "dunker".)

Aside from being a pre-Revolutionary War Baptist group strongly settled in the mid-Atlantic Appalachians, they also had a claim to fame as the first and largest denomination to preach universal salvation as a doctrine (instead of only an occasional theological opinion). Their near-cousins the Primitive Baptists (of snake-handling fame) eventually picked up a split among their congregations along the same line, which is where you might have heard of "Heller" and "No-heller" churches. (Sometimes using the same church building, though using different doors to enter the sanctuary!)

The Friends are most famous nowadays, sort of, by being the Christian group behind the Heifer International charity. (They don't promote this, so aren't exactly 'famous' for it. ;) Also I'm not sure if the charity is still tied officially to the Friends.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Very similar. I read about them at the "Dunker Church" at Antietam-- like what Pratt says.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Gus is rampaging across the New York City of an alternate future and killing Nazis!

http://grogheads.com/whatever/20029
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

And I was also playing Wolfenstein: The New Colossus :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

O0

And soon, he shall be rampaging across the France of an alternate past and killing Nazis!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Looks very cool. I approve of destroying Nazis' and New York.  :clap:

Gusington

^Finished the game last week. Have been playing Order of Battle: Winter War for the last few weeks too. Next few installments will be on that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

TOAW 4 Has a Winter War scenario I'm anxious to out for a spin.  O0

Gusington

I finished the Winter War scenario Sunday. The campaign then expands to the Continuation War and then the Lapland War (I think), where the player gets to use German units against the Soviets. Great, interesting campaign!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd