Main Menu

Armored Brigade

Started by BradS62, October 11, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2018, 05:29:27 PM
Is a campaign supposed to be coming in the future?

Yes. Paid dlc I believe.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IronX

If it's a dynamic campaign or one using a new map at least, I'd certainly pay for that. But if it's just a series of linked scenarios based on the existing maps, I'll pass. The mission generator does an excellent job of creating challenging scenarios.

Steelgrave

^Is that Bill Murray under all that blonde wig?   :D

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

I don't know, i like the idea of campaigns but never seem to finish them. The battle generator is pretty robust, i'm looking forward to more maps and different forces, and yes WW2 stuff. I still have to adjust to modern warfare where if your seen, your pretty much dead.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

IronX

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on November 17, 2018, 08:29:44 PM
I don't know, i like the idea of campaigns but never seem to finish them. The battle generator is pretty robust, i'm looking forward to more maps and different forces, and yes WW2 stuff. I still have to adjust to modern warfare where if your seen, your pretty much dead.

Although I would like to have a campaign at some point, I would agree not my highest priority.....would love to see a ton more battles (different maps, factions, etc.), whether created by the developer or community.

Still trying to get a handle on the generator...I much prefer smaller amount of units to control so hopefully I an figure something out.

-budd-

I'm going through the stock scenarios to learn the game but once i'm done i'll probably be spending my time messing with the battle generator, its one of the better ones i can remember. Really hoping for more master maps and different country OOB's. I'm still learning how to control the troops, and reading the terrain. There so many different situations you can set up with the generator, getting the balance right between force size and the size of the map will take some trail and error.

DennisS

Quote from: IronX on November 17, 2018, 06:44:47 PM
If it's a dynamic campaign or one using a new map at least, I'd certainly pay for that. But if it's just a series of linked scenarios based on the existing maps, I'll pass. The mission generator does an excellent job of creating challenging scenarios.

The gi-normous map is just that. It appears to be several miles across, and deep. The area you choose for a semi-random mission is only 1-5% of the entire map, with the X and Y axis the size of your choosing.

You can have a narrow and deep mission, or a wide and shallow meeting engagement, with no artillery. Your call.

This game looks good. Not sure I will jump on it...I don't play Steel Divisions now...and I should!

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

-budd-

Quote from: mikeck on November 18, 2018, 11:48:35 AM
Quote from: -budd- on November 17, 2018, 08:29:44 PM
.... and yes WW2 stuff.

Nooooooooo
Lol

YESSSSs ;D

I seem to survive longer with WW2 equipment. I've been playing around with 1970's US equipment, played on a small desert map with long LOS against some  M10 super heavies against my M48's and M60's and got waxed in 5 minutes, total annihilation. Switched to a Fulda map, same kit, not sure what killed me as far as armor goes but the AI brought in some fixed wing assets that took out a bunch of armor, my Chaparrals didn't do jack shit, !@#$%^. I did do some damage but it was over in 15 minutes, the AI did a good job of attacking in that instance. It was fun to watch my fixed wing drop some napalm. When you play on a small map, shit starts real quick. Having fun trying out the different equipment kits for different years. I am having trouble with infantry control, but that might be my own incompetence. 

mikeck

Is there a manual for this? Like a comprehensive 100 page in-depth manual?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

-budd-

Moreb

While initially looking good I am having some reservations. I hope I can chalk some of this up to being unfamiliar with the system but right now it seems there could be some fundamental issues with pathfinding.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4555708&mpage=1&key=&#4555892
When dongles fly? - mirth