The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wburn

This may sound really stupid, but does the Macgamestore DLC, The Gathering Storm
work on PC? I saw that it is activated on Steam.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Wburn on August 21, 2019, 09:45:47 AM
This may sound really stupid, but does the Macgamestore DLC, The Gathering Storm

https://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-SID-MEIERS-CIV-VI-GATHERING-STORM-EU/sid-meier-s-civilization-vi-gathering-storm € 39.99
https://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-SID-MEIERS-CIV-VI-GATHERING-STORM-MAC/sid-meier-s-civilization-vi-gathering-storm-mac € 23.99

Given the price difference it could be the versions are not compatible.

For a slightly higher price you could to to the Wingamestore and take no chances.

Wburn

Bardolph

Quote from: Wburn on August 21, 2019, 09:45:47 AM

Some info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/bqh0k6/can_i_buy_a_game_from_macgamestore_and_play_on/

Seems like it should, since there isn't a Mac specific version page on Steam, but I won't swear to it. isthereanydeal.com indicated it was pc/Mac on their page for the game.

Further digging showed multiple comments along the lines of "a Steam key is a Steam key, unless there is a specific Mac edition listed on Steam", like this one:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/214630/Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops__Mac_Edition/

Pete Dero

Quote from: Wburn on August 21, 2019, 03:04:00 PM
Thanks for the link!

If you didn't get it already this is a way better deal :

https://2game.com/us/sid-meier-s-civilizationr-vi-gathering-storm for $ 12.

PS 2Game is an official store.

Tuna

MC

Anybody buy anything through Voidu? Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm is $9.59 using the GAMINGTIME coupon code.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MC on August 22, 2019, 01:09:36 PM
Anybody buy anything through Voidu? Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm is $9.59 using the GAMINGTIME coupon code.

Yes and just bought this and something else with no issue...immediate keys.  I believe in UBISoft lists them as an approved seller of their products so think legit.  I realize UBISoft does not make this game, but big seller who must think OK for them to sell stuff.

https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000023753/Approved-digital-distributors-of-Ubisoft-games

steve58

^Voidu's Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm also has "ROW" in the title (Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - ROW).  Whats does that mean?  "Rest of World"? ???  will it work in USA?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

Yes.  Legitimate store.  I have been using the site since 2017 without any issues but I live in the EU.
They are based in The Netherlands (Europe) so check the notices (e.g. NOTICE: THIS GAME CAN BE ONLY ACTIVATED IN EUROPE, THE MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA)
But I believe Gathering Storm only requires Steam activation.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on August 22, 2019, 02:04:43 PM
^Voidu's Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm also has "ROW" in the title (Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - ROW).  Whats does that mean?  "Rest of World"? ???  will it work in USA?

Yes, exactly what it means and does work for USA.  I have used ROW versions on many different Steam games in the past, including this one.

steve58

D*mn it guys, now I have to go grab the Gold version on Fanatical for $23.39 (using the Fanatical10 coupon code) and GS for $9.59 on Voidu (using the GAMINGTIME coupon code).  All of Civ 6 for under $33.  >:(  Wish me and my wallet luck. :bd:  (...and thanks),
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

Quote from: steve58 on August 22, 2019, 02:39:47 PM
D*mn it guys, now I have to go grab the Gold version on Fanatical for $23.39 (using the Fanatical10 coupon code) and GS for $9.59 on Voidu (using the GAMINGTIME coupon code).  All of Civ 6 for under $33.  >:(  Wish me and my wallet luck. :bd:  (...and thanks),

You didn't spend $33 !  You just saved over $100 waiting for this sale  O0.
Now go and spend the extra $100 you have on something else  >:D.

steve58

Well, the wallet is smoking a bit, but both deals went through.  Thanks all around.  :clap: :hug:

I do have a small nitpik with MC.  Voidu charged me $9.60, not $9.59  >:(  >:D

MC

Quote from: steve58 on August 22, 2019, 03:02:48 PM
Well, the wallet is smoking a bit, but both deals went through.  Thanks all around.  :clap: :hug:

I do have a small nitpik with MC.  Voidu charged me $9.60, not $9.59  >:(  >:D

You must live in one of the states where they round up the dollar amount. Can't help you there. I live in the state of Misery and having said that, they don't charge more because they feel sorry for me.    ;)