This Weekend's Article: Unboxing DVG's B-17 Flying Fortress

Started by bayonetbrant, April 22, 2017, 09:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Nice! I have a package waiting for me at UPS and I think this is what it is. Can't wait to try it out.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

They still haven't even shipped mine.  Getting any sort of info from DVG is worse than dealing with the DMV.  Turns out they're shipping orders to Canada from the UK instead of the US.  The mind boggles....

MikeGER

.... i somehow found the start of this unboxing report a little hotter  ^-^

well, the highres pics in the Grogheads mysterious frontpage unboxing AAR are the real deal and very informative  O0

bbmike

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 22, 2017, 10:58:24 PM
They still haven't even shipped mine.  Getting any sort of info from DVG is worse than dealing with the DMV.  Turns out they're shipping orders to Canada from the UK instead of the US.  The mind boggles....

Hmm, if that's true I wonder what is waiting for me at UPS?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you're in Canada and this is a copy of the game, let me know so I can fret and then vent at someone over the phone to no real purpose.

JudgeDredd

Well, I was lucky enough to find my way back from "the front page" - more by accident than anything.

As for this game...no. Not for me I don't think. There are some games that I anticipate will fit the Leader franchise and B-17 wasn't one of them. I remember thinking Tiger Leader didn't make much sense to me as a Leader game, and the general consensus is, I think, that it does fail as a game.

One of the reasons I *think* this doesn't fit in the Leader world is because (and this is only my opinion) one of the great challenges of the Leader games is choosing your loadout. There really isn't much of anything to choose here. So that removes one of the elements that make the leader games. I felt the same with Tiger Leader...not having that feature meant it had to find something else - and didn't.

I do hope I'm wrong and it's successful because every successfully game made and sold means he'll continue making games. Parts of the game look quality.

I am, however, waiting patiently for Israeli Air Force Leader and Huey Leader. Both of which I think may suit the Leader name - though I don't "pre order" his games because each time I did so, I was given a "paper" board instead of the mounted board that others got with the deluxe versions of the game.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Much like taste in music around here, not everyone will like the same thing. Fortunately for us, there's plenty of choices right now.  :)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

MikeGER

JD, waiting for Huey Leader too O0
i hope it will be a enhancement to the already good TAL

but there is a lot of other stuff in the DVG production pipeline before this will get kickstart (end of this year?) , founded, delayed, produced, shipped to the US ...then and delivered to my German reseller UUG and will order it then depending how close to availability the Essen trade fair already is  ...or probably will pick it up at his booth on The Spiel autumn 2019, sigh