Jumpin’ Jack FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, April 19, 2019, 06:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Hope everyone has a happy holiday weekend.

A lot I would like to play this weekend...

The new build of Star Citizen 3.5 went live, so I'll spend time exploring this. Some Steel Division II beta phase 3, while it lasts. DCS World to play with my working MFDs, god they are so awesome. Finally, probably some Anno 1800. Highly additive. You sit down to play for a few minutes and then 3 hours later, you snap out of it and wonder what the heck happened.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Thanks for the music memory JH...1968, my Junior year in High School. A weekend with TOAW 4 and HoI4.

nelmsm

Out of town seeing the grandkids and foster daughter both. No gaming but plenty of fun anyway.

Kushan

My main task for the weekend is the get my El Dorado Canyon scenario for CMANO finished up. Core of it is completed and working...I think. Have a few more events to add in; soviet warning to Libya a few days before the strike, media reports a strike might be on going after noticing a high level meeting at the White House about an hour before the strike, and the Italian warning to Libya via Malta. Events will be weighted towards the historical outcome, Libya ignoring all warnings, but there will be a small chance that their readiness levels in the form of proficiency will be raised (they start at cadet) and that they may launch QRA missions over the target areas for the later events.

After that its time to get back to recording my Command: DS series for YouTube, and some DCS F-14. Maybe some Elite, maybe some P3D as well. Overall just killing time until the launch of Imperator next week.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

DoctorQuest

I may dig into CMANO: Silent Service if I have any gaming time this weekend. I need to winterize the snow blower and get the lawn mower ready for the season. The weather is going to be nice here. I am ready to be outside.

Easter cookout with the family and friends on Sunday.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Huw the Poo

Minecraft with the chaps again.  We have a big castle now, with a tower each!

I just bought Driftland: Magic Revival and I'll be tinkering with it all weekend.  Oh, I also just bought Spellforce 3 because I remember liking the previous games in the series.  I haven't played much of it yet though.

And as usual, The Division 2 on the PS4.  I hit level 30 during the week and last night I cleared the map, opening world tier 1.  It's endgame time!

JasonPratt

Easter with the family on Sunday; possibly a movie with the Bro and Dad on Saturday afternoon (as all the girls will be off to a bridal tea).

Otherwise the usual: umpiring the Grogpublic (assuming Players are still around for Easter weekend); possibly some TTS miniature wargaming with Cyrano tonight and/or tomorrow night; AoW3 mp game still going (I think??); various Lords of Waterdeep games still going; started a Vassal game of Andean Abyss recently, plenty of movement going on that.

Solo gaming, probably more time finishing out my occasional playthrough of the Prince of Persia series while giving my data drive a very thorough defragging. I'm itching to get back into more PC solo gaming soon!

Probably working on editing up the next Age of Wonders: Sabreniece Magic episode. (As I finish off eps, I can delete some mp4s and restore more space to the data drive!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 19, 2019, 09:27:57 AM
I need to winterize the snow blower and get the lawn mower ready for the season.

You just guaranteed 6" of snow in your area by mid-week
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Anguille

Mostly going to play:

- Stellaris: playing on the smallest map. It's ok like that.

- Europa Universalis: Rome. Don't see right now why i would need Imperator: Rome.

Happy Weekend...

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Tripoli on April 19, 2019, 12:20:19 PM
I need to winterize the snow blower and get the lawn mower ready for the season.

You just guaranteed 6" of snow in your area by mid-week

:DD :DD :DD

I'll take my chances......

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

Happy Passover and Easter to all.

Finished all the main quests and dlc for The Witcher 3 but there is still a lot to play through in secondary quests and contracts. Going to continue with Thronebreaker too although I don't really know wtf I'm doing.

May also start an Elder Scrolls Online campaign and a Total War - Warhammer 2 Mortal Empires campaign...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 19, 2019, 01:21:59 PM

I'll take my chances......

Me too!  World of Warships and Boardgames!

-budd-

Don't feel much like thinking or strategizing in my gaming time lately, so I'll be hitting up some more killing floor 2 and 7 days to die. I was going to wait until 7 days to die went beta to jump into the big mods but I decided to download the mod manager and try out some mods. Trying out darkness falls mod with the sorcery modlet. New zombie types, poi's , items, and crafting, two new maps. Also has a class system, you can choose between 8 different classes. I'm not to deep into it yet, but from what read it adds a lot more zombies but halves the hit points. I haven't found what I need to have any sorcery powers yet but looking forward to torching some zombies with some fireballs, nice change of pace from shooting them in the face with a shotgun or beating them to death. From what I read on the forums there will be another small alpha 17 update , then alpha 18 will be the last alpha, then a push to go gold. I think the only big thing they plan to add in is the bandits, the rest is just small additions and optimizing and polishing. Steam workshop is planned but I kind of like the mod manager as I can run separate installs of different mods and vanilla from separate .exe files
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

WYBaugh

I may dig into CMANO: Silent Service if I have any gaming time this weekend. I need to winterize the snow blower and get the lawn mower ready for the season. The weather is going to be nice here. I am ready to be outside.

Shouldn't that be summerize?

DoctorQuest

Quote from: WYBaugh on April 19, 2019, 04:10:22 PM

Shouldn't that be summerize?

Ha! Good point....