Feedback on AAR for Civilization V, Gods & Kings

Started by bayonetbrant, December 16, 2012, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Carthage gets free harbors in every coastal city, which create the trade route over the sea - no need to connect by roads just for trade.  Thus far I haven't needed them for a lot of internal unit movement, but that may change.

If it wasn't for the Carthaginian harbors, I'd be building roads everywhere.

thanks for reading :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2013, 10:18:22 AM
Carthage gets free harbors in every coastal city, which create the trade route over the sea - no need to connect by roads just for trade.  Thus far I haven't needed them for a lot of internal unit movement, but that may change.

The thing about roads that still trips me up in Civ V compared to Civ IV is they cost money to maintain.  In Civ IV I had roads on every possible tile.  Now in Civ V I use them to connect cites strategically as well as for areas I am defending that need good interior lines.  For me personally this adds another dimension to the game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 22, 2013, 07:37:19 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2013, 10:18:22 AM

The thing about roads that still trips me up in Civ V compared to Civ IV is they cost money to maintain.  In Civ IV I had roads on every possible tile.  Now in Civ V I use them to connect cites strategically as well as for areas I am defending that need good interior lines.  For me personally this adds another dimension to the game.

Same here. And I rip roads up when they become unnecessary or redundant. I had never played a game as Carthage btw, but I started one up today to see how that harbor bonus played out. Plus elephants. Gotta love elephants.

TheCommandTent

You just can't win with those barbarians can you Brant?  The upside is that it is getting your units alot of experience.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: Windigo on January 29, 2013, 03:29:34 PM
Gotta be time for a new settler soon eh?

nicely done on that new southern city/port

MetalDog

Digging the AAR, Brant.  When is the next installment?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

^^ next time we're stuck w/o an article, or a week from THU, whichever comes first
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

QuoteGiven the rate at which our local barbarians seem to spawn like union protests during an election year...

Favorite line of this episode :)

bayonetbrant

^^
thanks
I'm not trying to do hardcore analysis.  I'm having fun ;D
That means you're going to get plenty of those sorts of lines - some funny, some not ;)

TheCommandTent

Nice shot at LB's Aquaman hang up while hes away.  Well played.   ;D

hammersby

is it just me or are the episodes getting less analyzing and more sarcastic?

still a fun read though if you wait nad read 3-4 at the same time

bayonetbrant

Sorry.  I'll try to adjust the future ones to be more thoughtful.  Most of the time I just feel like I'm talking to myself anyway because there's only an occasional comment about the series here...

Windigo