E3 Trailer for spy tactical XCOM-like - Phantom Doctrine!

Started by GeneralHawk, June 09, 2018, 10:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralHawk

This is shaping up to look great.   New trailer thru RPS below...campaign is supposed to be 50+ hours....More info on the Steam page.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/08/phantom-doctrine-e3-trailer/

Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

GeneralHawk

Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Grim.Reaper

looking forward to this release on tuesday.  i have seen it will be $39 with a 10 percent first week discount and saw someone mention if you own hard west, you get an additional 5 percent.

hope it doesn't disappoint

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Tuesday? Wow. This snuck up on me.

From everything I've seen it looks like it could be really fantastic.  Course, appearances can be deceiving.  But I love the XCOM games even though the whole 'aliens invading earth' setting has never especially appealed to me.   

But XCOM in a Cold War setting, with spies instead of aliens? Sign me up.   8)

Tpek

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Ian C

Woah! And it's out tomorrow! This appears to have a crapload of depth and immersion. I hope it lives up to its promise.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Will be buying myself....looks like they have a review embargo until 2 hours before release...of course some folks questioned it and sometimes does raise eyebrows.....developer's response.  Fingers crossed they aren't hiding anything:)  I won't be able to download until tomorrow night anyway, so will give me some time to see those reviews and initial player impressions...just in case I need to bail:)

Yeah, we do get that. It might seem that we're hiding something.

The reason, however, is trivial. Without a big marketing budget at our disposal, we hope that all the reviews will start pouring in at the same time during the immediate pre-release window, creating some much needed buzz, instead of being spread over a day or two, if the embargo was to be lifted earlier.

That's one of the reasons why we wanted to reach as many content creators as possible before the release and provide them with builds to showcase the game for you. We do believe in Phantom Doctrine and we hope that you see that we've been very transparent about the game.

PS: I believe that in the case of Assassin's Creed the embargo was lifted post-release. We're not doing that stuff.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd