Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

I know there's discussion in the FOG thread, but probably going to be a lot of discussion going forward on this one.

Here's the reveal video
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Imagine having the entire forum population playing in the same campaign!  :D

Yskonyn

Cant watch the vid here at work, but is this another expansion for FoG 2 or a new game?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2018, 12:42:27 PM
Cant watch the vid here at work, but is this another expansion for FoG 2 or a new game?

New game that will let you export battles to fight in FoG II.

Gusington

It's the greatest idea of the last 5 minutes at least.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Gusington

I do hope it is expanded beyond the ancient era. Pike and Shot/Renaissance Era would be incredible.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

IronX

The game engine doesn't appear to be intrinsically tied to FoG so it can go pretty much anywhere. As much as I liked the eras and depth that previous Ageod titles covered, the UI was a drawback. This is much more appealing.

Skoop

I'd even like to see age of rifles.  I think the FOG system could work well with 18th century.

Gusington

Pike and Shot is the same engine as FoG2 right? So that seems like an obvious next choice. Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
Pike and Shot is the same engine as FoG2 right? So that seems like an obvious next choice. Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.
Different engines, P/S uses the old stub engine, FOG2 uses the new archon engine same as Sanctus Reach. So FOG2 and FOG:Empires use the same engine. The new Close Combat uses the archon engine also, as well as the new Steel Tiger.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Wow I did not know that. Very interesting. I hope linking this new layer to Pike and Shot is not too difficult.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.

Perhaps they should be awarded the Grogheads Order of the Golden Dongle.

(If that's not a thing it should be)
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Steelgrave

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 20, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.

Perhaps they should be Awarded the Grogheads Order of the Golden Dongle.

(If that's not a thing it should be)

That is just so....perfect.    O0 O0 O0