The Expanse (SyFy)

Started by Nefaro, December 15, 2015, 01:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 21, 2018, 09:41:49 PM
Woohoo!  Very glad to see the Expanse saved.  The show's been getting better every week. 

Story says Bezos wants Expanse to be Amazon's Game of Thrones.  Here's to hoping for a higher budget and some T&A.

I wonder if Amazon can also get rights to show the previous SyFy-created seasons, or if it'll be an awkward seasonal split for awhile.

Still think A-Prime is gonna be hitting it big in the streaming industry before long.  Conan, Middle Earth/LotR, and now The Expanse?  Take my money!

bbmike

Maybe Amazon will acquire SyFy and fix it for good.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Rumor has it that some superfans are planning to launch a scale model of the Rocinante (the main characters' 'borrowed' gun frigate) into near-space to show their devotion.

http://www.newsweek.com/expanse-season-4-amazon-syfy-jeff-bezos-renew-938952
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Nefaro on May 22, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

I wonder if Amazon can also get rights to show the previous SyFy-created seasons, or if it'll be an awkward seasonal split for awhile.

I don't think it'll be that awkward.  The problem SyFy had initially is that they only bought live distribution rights to the Expanse.  Amazon had US streaming rights already. 

If the Amazon deal goes through, and it looks likely it will, it'll all be under one roof really fast. 

I was danged close to ending my Amazon Prime subscription.  Not going to now.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

The first three seasons are already on Amazon. That's where I've been watching them. They're not (yet) on Prime itself though. $1.99 for SD and $2.99 for HD per episode. The seasons are short so no great financial hardship.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 22, 2018, 07:05:10 PM
The first three seasons are already on Amazon. That's where I've been watching them. They're not (yet) on Prime itself though. $1.99 for SD and $2.99 for HD per episode. The seasons are short so no great financial hardship.

Yep.. I think only the first 2 seasons are on Prime right now.  Which encompasses only the first book.