The Expanse (SyFy)

Started by Nefaro, December 15, 2015, 01:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

You guys could critique the death of Bambi's mother into a vast left-wing brain washing conspiracy. Sheesh.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 14, 2018, 05:48:30 PM
Bambi's mother died?!!!

Happened under Clinton's administration.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on May 14, 2018, 02:14:35 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 14, 2018, 08:14:21 AM
That's actually a good point to an extent. One major reason why I find Lost In Space completely unwatchable.

I mean.. when George Soros buys the largest share of Netflix, and then appoints Susan Rice to the board during the next year, it's easy to predict where Netflix' programming is going.  *puke emote*

I heard Rupert Murdoch was personally involved in canceling Firefly after Adam Baldwin complained about his left-wing co-workers.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 14, 2018, 05:42:35 PM
You guys could critique the death of Bambi's mother into a vast left-wing brain washing conspiracy. Sheesh.

When the killer of Bambi's Mom buys out Disney in order to make Disney movies promoting how great his Bambi killing is, then we may have a good metaphor.  :))

Sir Slash

What about Bambi's father? Didn't he also die under mysterious circumstances?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

In the right-wing version he was some kind of local jungle warlord ('Prince of the Forest') who eventually saw his son succeed him as El Jefe.

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 14, 2018, 06:51:26 PM
What about Bambi's father? Didn't he also die under mysterious circumstances?  :o

Johnson administration.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

The hunter who killed Bambi's dad spent time in the Soviet Union and had mob ties. Open your eyes people!

Sir Slash

I remember that now. He had Bambi's Dad's head mounted on his wall next to the rifle that could hit two guys with one shot with a 45% turn in between them. And a thin attractive Russian wife that does what she's told to do, like that's even possible.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

From what I read, no worries about George Soros' the Expanse on Netflix. 

Looks like the main suitor is Amazon, as Alcorn had already negotiated US streaming rights with them.

Apparently SyFy had a really bad deal with Alcorn, that gave Netflix and Amazon the lions share of VoD and streaming shares, which left SyFy depending on live viewing.   That didn't do well for the show because clearly, everyone streams this stuff nowadays. 

So SyFy was making no real money off Expanse, no real advertiser money because live viewing was weak and streaming/on demand was where its viewership was at.  SyFy had little choice given the expense of the show but to cut ties. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I want more Marvel series, well done Marvel series I should say. Maybe a Valkyrie or Winter Soldier series would be great. And.... what ever happened to Prince Namor? Hell, I'd watch a Korg and Meek Week if it was on.

jamus34

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 14, 2018, 11:34:14 PM
From what I read, no worries about George Soros' the Expanse on Netflix. 

Looks like the main suitor is Amazon, as Alcorn had already negotiated US streaming rights with them.

Apparently SyFy had a really bad deal with Alcorn, that gave Netflix and Amazon the lions share of VoD and streaming shares, which left SyFy depending on live viewing.   That didn't do well for the show because clearly, everyone streams this stuff nowadays. 

So SyFy was making no real money off Expanse, no real advertiser money because live viewing was weak and streaming/on demand was where its viewership was at.  SyFy had little choice given the expense of the show but to cut ties.

Can't say I feel bad as Syfy continues to miss the boat on what people want.
Insert witty comment here.