MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced

Started by steve58, December 04, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

It was too short to say really

I was forgiving the graphics which were very pre-2010 because it's due out in 2018. There was no proper depth to the mech for example. I don't know the technical terms, but the graphics looked very flat. Like I said though - I was forgiving of that because it's got so long to go
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2016, 08:25:28 PM
Am I the only one unimpressed with that vid, and how it just looks like they're using the MWO client to shoe-horn in single-player content?

I think it's the other way around: MWO was built from what was originally meant to be MW5, in development back in 2009.

I'm not going to lie: despite my bit of snarkiness about the subtitle, I peed a little -- and that was just the pre-Alpha!  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 07, 2016, 04:36:56 PM

I think it's the other way around: MWO was built from what was originally meant to be MW5, in development back in 2009.

This! Indeed you have the right of it, dear sir.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Am I the only one unimpressed with that vid, and how it just looks like they're using the MWO client to shoe-horn in single-player content?

I'm not going to lie: despite my bit of snarkiness about the subtitle, I peed a little -- and that was just the pre-Alpha!  :smitten:

*shrug*

It's all Unreal Engine to me. 

How long is that platform gonna be around, anyway?

Martok

Looks fairly decent.  Keeping my fingers crossed for this one! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Destraex

Quote from: Nefaro on December 07, 2016, 08:09:12 PM

*shrug*

It's all Unreal Engine to me. 

How long is that platform gonna be around, anyway?

A friend who is a MWO nut told me the other day;
MW5 game is being developed with the Unreal Engine
MWO is Cryengine.
However they are both the same developers, piranha games.

I agree the trailer was underwhelming. The older MW5 trailer on the other hand was amazing.

From what I have seen of piranha, I played MWO on and off with friends for some time and still have friends that keep me in the loop, they do not have the in-house
skill or resources to pull off a story based game well. I doubt their will be any actors or backstory to make this title great. I think it will be simple briefings and canned missions.
Hope they have the money to outsource the movie and story sequence... mechwarrior really needs a good movie and story co-ordinator.

I am a little excited about this as I have basically been lobbying on their forums for a while about wanting tanks and combined arms in MWO.
I am though still forever confounded by the basic premise of large slow mechs being an effective force.

Recently I actually stopped being able to play MWO, it gives me headaches after the last patch. Don't know why. But with this new engine I guess their is hope again.

Hoping for a coop campaign!!!

Remember this? I know it's not gameplay but damn it was exciting.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Hey Jarhead0331,

I recently spoke to a member here on steam and while we had a chat asked where all you guys were these days.
So past week I have been looking at all of you old hands post and decided to have a bit of a poke :)

Destraex

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Hey Destraex! Welcome back, dude! Long time!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Destraex!!  Good to see you, man.  Glad you found your way here!  8) 

Quote from: Destraex on December 11, 2016, 06:08:19 PM

Hoping for a coop campaign!!!
This would be awesome.  I think being able to play coop with my fellow Grogs would be tons of fun. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Martok on December 13, 2016, 12:48:26 PM
Destraex!!  Good to see you, man.  Glad you found your way here!  8) 

+1 Good to have you here.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Destraex

Much appreciated guys. Good to hear from you all again.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus