Do you wanna FRIDAY!?

Started by Jarhead0331, December 28, 2018, 05:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Yeah it actually made me interested in the board game too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 28, 2018, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2018, 02:51:45 PM
Like...intentionally obtuse...

OBVIOUSLY THIS MUST BE MY KIND OF GAME! ....I MEAN OBTUSELY!  :D

...Good Lord, you were not even slightly kidding, Gus...  :o :hide: I think I eventually made sense of about 70% of it (based on a study where I thought of a bunch of figures until I found one that felt about right.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^I'm used to you now. I liked what I saw so far in the tutorials in Scythe but I know in an actual game it will get muddled. I can feel it. The game is still very interesting to me though. If you wanted to start a PBEM game I am ready...I think there is PBEM available, anyway.

In other news I just won the Battle of Culp's Hill in Ultimate General Civil War! I think I may be ready to start a full campaign now. I've played about 2/3 of the custom battles and about 1/2 of the historical ones. I may even be ready to up the difficulty :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'm gonna chew on it through a couple of solo games until I feel like I understand the mechanics better. Or the implementation of the mechanics rather. Or the theory of the implementation of the mechanics rather. Or...  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Gusington

I like that word. But not the phenomenon.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2018, 01:39:07 PM
^Tell me all about Book of Demons.

I will be playing some more Ultimate General: Civil War, some Wings!, some futzing around with the Iron Harvest alpha and perhaps some Scythe: Digital Edition.

Went through the tutorials yesterday and it is weirdly atmospheric game.

If I am feeling really ambitious (I am not right now) I may start a Shogun: Fall of the Samurai campaign, modded with the Total FotS mod.

Book of Demons is a homage to 90s hack-and-slash like Diablo, you have three classes Warrior, Rogue, Mage. It's set in the Paperverse, where the graphics are more like a pop-up book style. Instead of having items and inventory you have cards for your armor, weapons, spells and potions.  What makes this unique is the "Flexiscope." you can customize the length of your game session. Very small to Very large. All the while you progress to the final boss- The Archdemon. 

Now even though it has cards, you're not restricted to when you can change your hand, and if you find runes you can upgrade your cards to more powerful ones, and it's not a deck builder. 

I played the Warrior, and now have the Rogue and the Mage going as well. Each one  is different in their game play style. I like the Rogue and Mage because you have to almost play it like a turn based game (it's RTS).

There's a demo, give it a shot.

https://return2games.com/#

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire and it has been a wonderfully engrossing RPG.  It captures the feel of a fantasy world similar to the Caribbean when multiple countries plus the natives were shifting in alliances and limited wars.  The dialogue choices are far better than most RPGs.  If you think through how the other people are acting, it gives you an idea of how you should respond.  Sometimes there are as many as 12 dialogue options when responding to an NPC.

Kushan

I've split my weekend between doing a full reinstall and update of Prepar3d and all of my addons and Assassin Creed Odyssey. I'm ready for Odyssey to be over, 80 odd hours into this play through, 135 hours total (restarted a few times). I want to hit max level so I can finish dismantling the cult before I go into the last chapter. Have 2.5 levels to go, but I'm feeling the late game Ubisoft grind. once I finish up the family questline I'll probably put the game down for a bit and go back later to finish up the Atlantis questline.

Going to get some Stellaris and Cities Skylines in tonight and Monday..in between the inevitable time in odyssey.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JasonPratt

So! -- when does the non-stop gaming orgy start, AB?!  :D

Sir Slash

What are you playing as Airboy?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 30, 2018, 12:02:20 AM
What are you playing as Airboy?

I'm playing a wizard.  If I played a second time, I would play a ranger-archer.  Your party does not need a fighter.  You pick up a priest almost immediately.  You pick up a wizard fairly fast.  The last core person you must have is an archer.  I've found in the Pillars combat system that offensive magic is not overwhelming.  Your priest and mage often do best to buff and debuff plus low level distance weapon bombardment.  But archers dealing physical damage is pretty essential.  The fighter is mostly a blocker.  He has to armor up and take defensive stances to survive.  The rest of the party deals most of the damage.  I've gotten through Pillars 1 and am 20+ hours in Pillars 2 using this party design.

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on December 29, 2018, 03:10:49 PM
Thank you, Reich.

Your welcome. It's not for everyone but it has its charm. Scythe sounds interesting.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose