Feedback on JTS Interview

Started by bayonetbrant, November 08, 2014, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Good piece.

I have officially come to find Dr. Tiller fascinating.  He's been cranking out good to great wargames for a very long time now and the fact that he's bringing in a small group of talented designers and artists to make even better games and, more importantly, has managed to stay in business doing so, is impressive.

Sure, his stuff can be seen as variations on themes, but much of that criticism ignores the fact that groggy wargames really aren't all that different from one another...hexes, chits, ZoC or no ZoC, &c.
  A friend of mine against whom I play Napoleonics said once that we grossly undervalue his contribution to our hobby because of his ubiquity and productivity.  Upon reflection, I think this is true even of myself.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Al

Great interview.  Thanks for posting it.  I've had the pleasure of meeting - if only briefly - JT and Ed Williams and they are both super nice guys.  They are also very talented who, as you can tell from the interview, have a definite vision in mind of the games they want to produce.  Their responses to the questions are very encouraging to those would like to see more games from them.
Al

Bison

I really glad to see that the Tiller development team has recently had a couple of interviews about their games and development process. 

Boggit

Thanks for the kind feedback. It was a privilege to work with John and Ed on this. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat